2012 MVSA Multi Gun Melee November 10th

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Melee: generally refers to disorganized close combat involving a group of fighters. A melee ensues when groups become locked together in combat with no regard to group tactics or fighting as an organized unit; each participant fights as an individual.  :sight:

Mountain Valley Sportsman's Association (http://www.mvsaonline.com/index.html) of Hot Springs, AR is pleased to announce the first annual Choate Multigun Melee.  MVSA is set in the hills north east of beautiful Hot Springs, AR, a nationally known vacation destination.  There are lots of activities nearby so bring the wife and kids - they can spend your money while you shoot! Or better yet, sign them up too!!!

Fred Choate  :bow:  of Choate Machine and Tool (http://www.riflestock.com/index.html) has generously signed on to be our major sponsor, contributing an AR15 rifle (rumored to have the latest in Choate Zombie furniture), cash, and many other Choate brand products.  More sponsor and prize info to be added later.

This will be a USPSA Level I match. Emphasis will be on fun, since that's why most of us do this. :)   

We are running this match in a one day format - Saturday, November 10th.

Awards will be cash and sponsor prizes.    There will be no plaques, if you want wood - go to Lowes.  

Entry documents can be found at the bottom of the Choate News page - http://www.riflestock.com/choate_news.html
--------------------------------

mwoodfield

Fanatic
Alright guys, time to get your entry in. The match is over half full now with a little over a month left before first shots.

Please remember to support our sponsors:
- Choate Machine & Tool - Sun Devil AR15 w/ Choate Zombie furniture
- Mossberg USA - JM 930 Pro shotgun
- CZ USA - pistol
- Automatic Accuracy - AR lowers & training certificates
- Bayou Bullets - bullets
- MidwayUSA
- Carbon Arms
I'm sure there are some others that I don't know about since that's not my responsibility. I'll try to find out and pass it along.

We look forward to seeing you at the range.

Mark

tsmethe

New Fanatic
Yes, still cash prizes. Plan is to pay out $2000 to the top 5 in Tactical and top 1 or 2 in Open and Limited. May adjust payout numbers based upon final registration to make it equitable. The prizes will be given out by random draw. Kind of a hybrid system that most folks we have talked to seen to like. Basic idea is that the "pro" shooters are likely to win and they want the cash. The regular shooters will all have a chance to win a gun.

I could use a few USPSA RO's. Shoot free, Must shoot on Friday and will be in a staff drawing for stipped CZ Lower.

Still have some slots available!

Oh, and you do not have to be a USPSA member.

OUshooter

Well-Known Fanatic
Damnit....I would love to get a Multigun Major in this year, but its the weekend after our annual pilgramage to Ft. Worth for NASCAR.

mwoodfield

Fanatic
Damnit....I would love to get a Multigun Major in this year, but its the weekend after our annual pilgramage to Ft. Worth for NASCAR.
While we wouldn't consider this a major match yet, we still hope it will be worth your time. Ya know, if your GPS somehow got messed up, it could detour you through Hot Springs. It's on the way home from Dallas, right?

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Plan is to pay out $2000 to the top 5 in Tactical and top 1 or 2 in Open and Limited. May adjust payout numbers based upon final registration to make it equitable. The prizes will be given out by random draw. Kind of a hybrid system that most folks we have talked to seen to like. Basic idea is that the "pro" shooters are likely to win and they want the cash. The regular shooters will all have a chance to win a gun.

I had some real good shooters that were thinking about attending this match asking about the prize table. So if there is $2000 divided amongst the Top 5 in Tactical, Top 1-2 in Limited and Open that means roughly $225-$300 on average cash payout per top place. That doesn't pay for the gas to get there and back from OKC, Kansas City, Dallas etc. I'd much rather have the JM Mossberg shotgun or a CZ pistol. I sold one of those JM's earlier this year in 5 minutes and had several people offer over retail on it. They are a hot ticket item right now due to low supply.

Random prize tables are the biggest hinderance to attracting the top shooters. I can only afford to attend matches out if state where I know I have a shot at winning my expenses back if I perform well.

mwoodfield

Fanatic
I had some real good shooters that were thinking about attending this match asking about the prize table. So if there is $2000 divided amongst the Top 5 in Tactical, Top 1-2 in Limited and Open that means roughly $225-$300 on average cash payout per top place. That doesn't pay for the gas to get there and back from OKC, Kansas City, Dallas etc. I'd much rather have the JM Mossberg shotgun or a CZ pistol. I sold one of those JM's earlier this year in 5 minutes and had several people offer over retail on it. They are a hot ticket item right now due to low supply.

Random prize tables are the biggest hinderance to attracting the top shooters. I can only afford to attend matches out if state where I know I have a shot at winning my expenses back if I perform well.
Top place finishers will get cash but will still be eligible for the drawings. You might get to double dip! Wear your lucky shoes and shoot fast, who knows.

mwoodfield

Fanatic
Here are the stages. We are trying to cram as much as we can into one day, and a short one at that. I wish the round count was higher, but we are short on daylight. We hope to get the match scheduled before time change next year.

Included is a spreadsheet with round count by stage. Total is 179 rds minimum required. This is based on one shot to neutralize each target. I will need at least double that. Maybe triple.

Distances will be max around 300 yds for rifle. Those will be two full size metric plates with electronic flashers. At 100 - 220ish there will be 12" SwingFlash targets. Close paper will be metrics and some A3/B 11"x17" paper. Stage 6 has some 6" SwingFlash targets but they are only about 65-70yds.

Slugs are all inside 50 yds. No need for the sniper SG. Birdshot needs to be 7 1/2 or smaller. Everything will be set light enough to fall pretty easy.

There are no long pistol shots.

As I said, we needed to keep the pace pretty fast to be able to finish before dark.

Take this match as what it is - the last match of the year. It is intended to be fun. We hope you enjoy it.

If you have not signed up yet, get your buddies and come play guns at the last match of 2012. We still have lots of slots left and can do a complete squad if needed.

I'm also attaching the range map and the application. Go to Choate Machine and Tool for the waiver.

See ya at the range.

Mark

Attachments

• CMM 2012 Stages - 10-15-12.pdf
    288.8 KB · Views: 129
  • 2012 CMM Stage Map.pdf
    383.3 KB · Views: 106
  • 2012 MVSA Choate Melee Entry Form.pdf
    27.3 KB · Views: 99

mwoodfield

Fanatic
Thanks to Jesse for bringing Boomer Shooter on as sponsor for the 2012 Choate Multigun Melee. His support of the game is is greatly appreciated.

mwoodfield

Fanatic
Just got a note from Fred Choate - they received three boxes of stuff from Brownells for the match. I'm waiting to hear what's in them.

So...Thanks to Brownell's for sponsoring the match!

Be sure to support them, they support us.

Latest posts