2011 Pro-Am Shooting® Championship

gmshtr

El Presidente
Hello everyone,

First of all, thanks for your enduring patience in regards to the 2011 Pro-Am Championship. I've sent a similar email to the attendees of the 2010 Pro-Am, but here is the INTENDED date, schedule, venue, info:

The 2011 Pro-Am WILL BE held July 15-17, 2011. It will be in the same format as last year...The match will be shot in 1/2 day format - Iron Sight pistols in the morning and Open in the afternoon. You can shoot both matches, and you can even shoot both in one day, although I REALLY don't recommend it. Professionals MUST shoot both matches on Sunday if they choose to shoot both Open and Iron Sight.

Now, the tricky part. I am in the process of trying to work out a usage contract with USSA, but they will not be able to confirm their commitment until the end of the month. I had intended to release the match registrations Jan 23rd, but it appears I will need to extend that by a couple weeks. IF USSA is unable to confirm by February 1st, the match will be held at the Universal Shooting Academy in Frostproof, FL. I realize that this could affect many of your intentions to attend due to the further distance. Trust me, it would be an even bigger burden for the Match Director who lives in Oklahoma (ME)! However, USA has recently extended their range significantly, and now has 31 bays with over 300 pieces of steel. Their support staff is unequalled, and I have no doubt that the quality of the match would be equal to or better than previous years. Plus, you could make a Disney vacation out of it!

The match registration will either be released as soon as I hear from USSA or February 1st, 2011...whichever comes first. I will be updating www.proamshooting.com after the Shot Show.

Thanks again for your patience and understanding.

Sincerely,

Phil Strader
Match Director - 2011 Pro-Am Shooting® Championship

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Phil,

I need to check with the boss about the travel stuff but I am pretty sure I will be attending the match where ever it is. If you end up needing RO's let me know.

gmshtr

El Presidente
Awesome. Thanks Jesse. I've heard that will know something very soon, probably this week.

gmshtr

El Presidente
I'm really sorry for the delay everyone! There have been a LOT of issues going on with this year' s Pro-Am Shooting Championship, but it finally looks like there's a light at the end of the tunnel. I'm lining out a match hotel tomorrow, and I'll be updating it then.

As you probably know, this year's match will be in Frostproof, FL at the Universal Shooting Academy - July 15-17. Frank Garcia and Manny Bragg have been more than gracious, and they will be helping me to ensure that this year's match will be the best ever. I am already getting great response from sponsors, and you may be surprised to see what companies have stepped up in a big way!

WEBSITE
Last year's website (proamshooting.com) is not owned by me, and I'm trying to work out a deal to keep it updated with this year's information. However, I've decided to make a slight update to my site to accommodate the current match registration. If things don't work out with the owners (which I'm sure they will), I'll build a compete page for the 2011 Pro-Am.

GENERAL INFO
The match will be run the exact same way as last year..same schedule, same squad sizes (7min-10MAX), same prize table policy, same rules, etc. Therefore, if you need to know how things will be run, you can refer to last year's site.

WHAT'S NEW?
Basically the only thing that will change will be the match entry, the itinerary (just some of the locations of things), and the addition of a Match Hotel...which will be established by close of business tomorrow.

STAGES
I was going to bring back two stages from last year, but with the range changes, target availability, props, etc, that's probably not going to work out. For you stage designers out there, please submit some ideas that you would like to see. I'll design a few on my own, but I would LOVE some help.

RO's
I've got a feeling that many of my staff will not be willing to hump all the way to Florida from OK, AR, and WA for a free shared hotel. I will be looking for 28-30 range officers, so please email me at [email protected] if you are interested in helping. For the FL match, you will get the following:

Free room and board (two RO's per room) for 3 nights at the match hotel. Free lunch on Fri-Sat-Sun, Free entry to one amateur match - Friday ONLY (AND eligible for match prize table visit), RO/Staff appreciation dinner Friday night (with random prize drawing). Last year, the RO appreciation function gave away over $3000 worth of stuff to 27 RO's!

Remember, Sunday AM (Limited) fills up fast! Last year, it only took 10 days.

The 2011 Match Entry can be found at: http://www.straightersolutions.com/Straighter_Solutions,_LLC/Pro-Am.html

Please pass this info along to everyone!

Thanks,

Phil Strader
Match Director
2011 Pro-Am Shooting® Championship

ef9turbo

Well-Known Fanatic
Glad to see that things have been finalized. Sad to see it's not in our backyards... Everyone from Oklahoma going, have fun and goodluck!

Latest posts