2011 pistol preferences

Eric1231

Well-Known Fanatic
I am saving up for a 2011 and the options are a little over whelming. I am looking for some input as what I should get for 3 gun and uspsa limited minor. Ie gun length 5,5.4,6.0 , sight tracker or non sight tracker and builder recommendations

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
Eric1231 said:
I am saving up for a 2011 and the options are a little over whelming. I am looking for some input as what I should get for 3 gun and uspsa limited minor. Ie gun length 5,5.4,6.0 , sight tracker or non sight tracker and builder recommendations

I don't know much about 2011 choices but if you are shooting USPSA limited you need .40.

Barrel length: Longer is always better

Eric1231

Well-Known Fanatic
I mostly shoot 3 gun. I shoot uspsa for fun/ practice.

Squid

Well-Known Fanatic
Get a hi-point then send it to a Smith so he can throw it in the trash and build you a 2011 from the ground up.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Eric1231 said:

what you're asking is all personal preference. You need to shoot a couple to see if you like them.
Some love the longer sight radius, but some hate the timing of the longer guns.
Sight tracker/non sight tracker is the same.....love/hate

As for builder, pick someone with a proven track record. Look at some of the guns they've built & see if you like their style.
Triangle Shooting Sports has quite a bit of experience with 6" guns, I'm not sure if he does sight trackers or not but you could definitely ask.

drmitchgibson

The white Morgan Freeman
Buy an Edge in 9mm. Buy it in hard chrome if you like your gun to not look like ****, be protected from rust, and resist wear with amazing results. Bluing is worthless.

Barbarians Live

Active Fanatic
STI Marauder is an excellent choice for 3-gun (9mm). I really like mine.

I have an STI Edge (.40) for USPSA (major). If you want to shoot USPSA Limited then get an Edge in .40. If you want a good gun that will work in 3-Gun, IDPA, and USPSA then get the Marauder (but you will shoot minor in USPSA Limited). The Edge and Marauder are close enough to each other that using the Edge in USPSA and Marauder for the other sports works well.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
I'd buy a custom SVI infinity of your dreams.

Next best options is to have a local gunsmith build you a custom STI.

Next best step is an STI DVC 3-gun.

If you are on a budget get a used 9mm edge or that cheap European thing Benny is selling.

Latest posts