2011 mag help

Eric_williams

Well-Known Fanatic
Guys I just bought an Sti executive and it came with 5 mags. We'll all but one of the mags has the follower wanting to push up through the feed lips. I measured all the feed lips and they all measure where they should. I also pulled the spring/follower out of the good mag and it works fine in the other 4. The only thing I can tell is that the springs in the 4 mags are stronger than the one that works and they are just cramming the follower up through the feed lips.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    192.2 KB · Views: 2

backer

Well-Known Fanatic
If those are still the STI spring and follower I would replace them with Grams Springs/Follower.

Consider it preventative maintenance, mag problems can ruin your whole day.

Eric_williams

Well-Known Fanatic
Yes they are factory springs and followers. i was planning on ordering the grams stuff but wanted to make sure that there wasnt an issue with the mag body

drmitchgibson

The white Morgan Freeman
You should compare the springs lengths and shapes. Some of the factory springs from my mags were longer than others even though they had the same number of coils. Some were warped, some twisted. No two were the same. They did all function just fine, though.

CBR

Well-Known Fanatic
Per a conversation I had with Grams... If they're new, load them to capacity and letem set for a few days so the follower seats properly. Worked for me.

Eric_williams

Well-Known Fanatic
CBR said:
Per a conversation I had with Grams... If they're new, load them to capacity and letem set for a few days so the follower seats properly. Worked for me.
I let them set for a few days and that seemed to solve a lot of the issues. Thanks guys

Latest posts