2011 Area 4 Championship

gmshtr

El Presidente
Hello everyone! Thanks for being patient with me. I've been pretty busy running around the last few weekends. I'm heading to South Carolina tomorrow in fact!

I've submitted the following dates to the USPSA President for approval:

- 2011 Pro-Am Championship - Tulsa, OK July 15-17
- 2011 Area 4 Championship - Tulsa, OK Sept 2-4
- 2011 Area 4/AR Section Multi-gun Championship (Tentative) - Ft. Smith Oct 28-30

The Tulsa matches will hopefully be held at USSA, depending on what the status of the range is by the end of the year.

I'm trying to coordinate with the AR Section 3-gun match to couple up with the Area 4 for next year. They've run such a successful and fun match out there, I think it would be in our best interests to team up, rather than water the year down with ANOTHER new 3-gun event.

So mark these down in your calender WITH SOMETHING ERASABLE! There are a number of factors that could change the dates AND locations.

If you ever have any questions, please never hesitate to ask.

Phil Strader

[email protected]

No.343

Well-Known Fanatic
I haven't shot an Area 4 match yet. I hope to make this one.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
[quote author=MattM link=topic=182.msg1798#msg1798 date=1286411224]
Sounds good Phil.... the CASA Posse is in.
[/quote]

It's good to see some more AR shooters here. Please feel free to post your match announcements as many of us lime to travel and enjoy other clubs hospitality

MattM

Active Fanatic
I appreciate that.... I put something up in the announcement section.

No.343

Well-Known Fanatic
[quote author=MattM link=topic=182.msg1824#msg1824 date=1286420199]
[/quote]
I like the shirt on your avatar. He needs one that says "2027 3 Gun Champ"

MattM

Active Fanatic
[quote author=No.343 link=topic=182.msg1912#msg1912 date=1286500091]
[quote author=MattM link=topic=182.msg1824#msg1824 date=1286420199]
[/quote]
I like the shirt on your avatar. He needs one that says "2027 3 Gun Champ"
[/quote]

Thanks.... that and I hope he's the next SSP/ESP Master in the family.... :)

jtischauser

Phil,

Have any of these matches ben apporved by the USPSA president? I ahd a shooter from out of state ask if the dates were official enough to schedule his vacation for next year.

David E

Well-Known Fanatic
Ditto that last post.

If the dates were submitted over 3 months ago, can we now write them down in pen?

Please advise.

gmshtr

El Presidente
Ditto that last post.

If the dates were submitted over 3 months ago, can we now write them down in pen?

Please advise.

Those dates are solid. I'm trying to get something out of USSA as to wether the possible new owners will honor a contract or allow a competition to be held there. I'm working on back-up range plans just to be safe.

Thanks!

Phil

ChrisC

Revolver Division
Hello everyone,

I'm sending this to all of the section and club leaders that I can think of.

I'll be making a public announcement tomorrow about the locations of the 2011 Pro-Am Shooting® Championship and the Area 4 Championship. As expected, I didn't hear anything from USSA regarding the new owner's intentions as to whether they would allow me to hold any matches there. Since most of the mid-west will be snowed in tomorrow, I don't expect I'll hear anything then, either. It is my intention to move the Area 4 Championship to the Double Tap Ranch. The dates will remain Sept 1-4, 2011. I didn't want to change them even after Area 8 moved to that weekend.

Robert has been offering the range for this match since last year, and has told me that there will be major upgrades by Area 4 weekend. Plus, the local RO staff there do a fabulous job, and stage construction is ALWAYS first rate.

Ken, if your offer to be the Match Director still stands, I would like to be Co-Match Director with you. Ken did an incredible job with the Area 4 two years ago, and I trust his judgement. Ken, I will be contacting you very soon. Chris Thomas is putting together the prize table this year, and I will be supplementing with some help of my own.

Stages: I've designed a few, but I had a better idea. Since the Area 4 will be later in the year, I thought it may be a good idea to take a version (or exact duplicate) of one stage from a major or section match within the area. I think it would be really great to have the coolest stage from the Double Tap Championship, Space City Challenge, TX State Lim/Open, OK Section Championship, Gator Classic, Old Fort Shootout, etc. to make up the Area 4 Championship. Since I suspect we will have quite a few shooters from outside the area, it would be really impressive for them to shoot the best from ALL of our sections. I will be accepting 9 stages, since I intend to have one Standards stage...nothing insanely difficult, though! I would love to hear what you all think about this idea. I have no doubt that the crew at the Double Tap Ranch could make the stages just as great, if not better than the originals.

I would also like to entertain offers for anyone who would be willing to be this year's Range Master.

SECOND:

I'm trying to get as many Area 4 shooters on the same page and as informed as possible. I know that most of you have access to a decent size mailing list within your sections. Please do me the honor of sending this message to them:

Greetings Area 4 shooters!

Thanks so much for all of the support you have all offered me as your new Area Director. I have continually believed that the better we communicate with each other, the more capable we will be to make positive changes within our organization. Area 4 comprises less states than any other area, but I think we are one of the most active and pro-gun areas in the country. I want you to know what's going on in YOUR organization. I want YOUR voice to be heard at the board meetings. I want YOU to be represented. Therefore, I would like you to join the Yahoo! Group that I recently created. Simply visit groups.yahoo.com, type "area4shooters" in the Search section, then click "Join This Group." It's that simple! You will be part of our Area 4 shooting community!

Sincerely,

Phil Strader

Thanks again for all of your help. I will do everything in my power to make this year's Area 4 Championship a great one. I look forward to your help!

jtischauser

Phil sent out tve following email last night...

Hello everyone,

Please forward this to your email lists.  I currently have 189 on my list, but I would like to increase those numbers!  I've also started an Area 4 Shooters group on Yahoo that I would love to populate.  It's super easy to do (even I figured it out) and can be found here:  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/area4shooters/  If you would like to keep up with Area 4 news and stay more informed, please don't hesitate to join up...or just send me an email at [email protected], and I'll add you to my Area 4 email list.  

Now, on to business.  I'm emailing you with mixed emotions.  I had hoped to run this year's Area 4 Championship at USSA in Tulsa, OK.  Here, in my back yard, I have a huge amount of local RO and staff support, all of the contacts for printing, tents, porta-potties, tables/chairs, FFL, awards area, stats, etc.  And it's ALL within driving distance!  Unfortunately, USSA is for sale, and the bidding process could NOT be happening at a worse time.  If I decide to move forward to facilitate the match here, I run the very real risk of being told by a new owner that they would not honor any contract or agree to any match there...which would effectively destroy any and all efforts.  I can't take that chance.  It's YOUR match, and you deserve the best Area 4 that I can give you.  

So, I'm very disappointed that I will not be able to deliver this awesome match to you personally.  HOWEVER, I'm very happy to announce where it will be and who will be putting it together.  I thought about all of the Area 4 matches I have shot (since 1999), and tried to put my finger on the best one I could remember.  It was a toss up between the 2000 match, and the 2009 match.  Now, in 2000, the weather was great and I won (back when I was good!).  In 2009, the weather was horrible...so bad in fact, that a stage had to be thrown out.  I figured if Ken Cobb could make a match that good, even in awful conditions, who better than him to do it again on the first weekend of September?  

So, with Match Director Ken Cobb at the helm, the Double Tap Ranch in Wichita Falls, TX will host the 2011 Area 4 Championship Sept 1-4, 2011.  The Double Tap Ranch has been hosting one of the most talked about and popular matches in the country (Double Tap Championship).  Let's face it, the crews in Texas know how to put a match together there.  After a lot of thinking, praying, and consulting with my life coach (my wife), we decided that if I tried to run the match off site, I wouldn't be giving you the quality competition you deserve.  I truly believe that Ken will do a better job than I ever could...he has experience, great contacts in the local area, and really seems to have things squared away.  He will be handling the match administration and has assured me that I will be kept informed of everything along the way.  ALSO, I have secured the help of Chris Thomas with the Prize Table and sponsorship for the event.  I will be working personally with Chris to obtain all of the sponsors, and I will do everything in my power to insure that we have the best prize table Area 4 has seen in over 10 years!  

How could it get any better than that?  An Area match with world class stages and staff, and a top notch prize table!  You deserve it.  I have come to love the competitors in this area, and I believe we are the strongest one in the country!  

Ken, myself, and others will be making announcements as soon as the match application is available, stages are posted, etc.  Keep your eye on www.area4championship.com for updates.  Thanks again, and please forward this to as many competitors as you can. 

Take care, and God bless,

Phil Strader

Area 4 Director

Airic

I shoot.
We kinda got it good here in the OK/TX area if our alternate site for A4 is Double Tap Ranch. Between USSA, OKCGC, DTR and the great clubs in DFW, there are some really good matches out there.

jtischauser

I would love to see the DTR guys get more involved with posting their match announcements and scores on our site. I think it would help us both grow.

Latest posts