Which day should we have the match?

• Saturday the 20th

Votes: 6 100.0%
  • Sunday the 21st

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
I am seriously considering putting on an indoor Airsoft match with trophies. Maybe if the turnout is big enough we can give away an Airsoft gun or two.

I just want to gauge the interest level out there. I would be hosting it at my families business in Guthrie where we have 4000+ square feet of indoor space.

I am thinking of charging $10-15 entry fee. All money will go into buying more targets for future matches and trophies.

We would shoot 5-7 stages maybe more if they are short. Most stages would be in the 15-20 round range because reloads and dropping Airsoft mags aren't always a good combo. We may go to one hit on paper for score rather than two hits to make the courses longer. I may have a couple of multiple strings on steel challenge type scenarios. We may be able to setup a plate rack shoot off for cash while the scores are being tabulated.

Scoring will either be a modified USPSA or modified IDPA system. Possibly even LPH scoring from Red Neck Tactical.

I'm curious as to how many of you would be able to shoot the weekend after Thanksgiving. That week would give me a bunch of time for preparations.

The other option would be December 11Th or 12Th or 18Th or 19Th. We could do this match in the afternoon on Sat/Sun so that we wouldn't have to miss a regularly scheduled pistol match.

Lots if ifs right now. So let me know if you want to participate and if you have any Airsoft steel targets you can borrow or rent us.

bsdubois00

Head Honcho Emeritus
DO THIS - This sounds awesome - itll give me a reason to practice w/ my gun...

I'm out the weekend after Thanksgiving - I will still be in the land of Oz looking for my future wife and our pet kangaroo

jeffsoward

Founding Member
I had an idea.
Depends on how many we need, but I can make some miniatures like this;
2010-10-14150106.jpg

Took me 5 minutes to cut out.
This one is 6" wide by about 9.75" tall. not an exact duplicate of the IPSC target, but pretty close based on a pic from the interwebz.

jtischauser

We don't need exact duplicates. We need something we can all knock over or the RO can call hit on realy well and fast. This stuff looks perfect. If you start building airsoft targets I woudl buy some rather than have them shipped from BAM.

jeffsoward

Founding Member
[quote author=jtischauser link=topic=304.msg2289#msg2289 date=1287086959]
We don't need exact duplicates. We need something we can all knock over or the RO can call hit on realy well and fast. This stuff looks perfect. If you start building airsoft targets I woudl buy some rather than have them shipped from BAM.
[/quote]
I'm going to mock this one up as a knock down and test it with the boy's pistol. When i get it right, I'll start making some.
Do you think 24 will be enough?

jtischauser

[quote author=jeffsoward link=topic=304.msg2296#msg2296 date=1287092787]
Do you think 24 will be enough?
[/quote]

For a stage or two. Seriously though that would be excellent!

jtischauser

[quote author=mike cyrwus link=topic=304.msg2301#msg2301 date=1287095053]
gay.
[/quote]

You posted in the thread when I am almost postitive that you were trying to change your signature.

jeffsoward

Founding Member
I did some testing and the 6" target won't fall without some serious calibration, and then they risk falling on their own.
I changed it up and copied the BAM size, which is a 4" x 6.175" target. I used a thin sheet metal. I cut 30 pieces out, so we'll have at least 30 for the match.

Chambers

actual GM
[quote author=mike cyrwus link=topic=304.msg2301#msg2301 date=1287095053]
gay.
[/quote]

+1.

Airsoft is neither loud nor destructive enough for me.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
I'm guessing that last little bit was Jesse's edit toward the 2 Mikes.
Not sure about Cyrwus, but I'll bet Chambers will be there. He can't help himself.
If there's a rubber band gun shoot, he's going to be there.
Of course he'll be borrowing someone's gun though.

Chambers

actual GM
I'm guessing that last little bit was Jesse's edit toward the 2 Mikes.Not sure about Cyrwus, but I'll bet Chambers will be there. He can't help himself.If there's a rubber band gun shoot, he's going to be there.Of course he'll be borrowing someone's gun though.

Okay, you might be right about that, but ONLY if there's nothing else to shoot. :blink:

jtischauser

Seriously guys? How Real of a match would it be with Airsoft guns and no reloads?

Are you saying you don't want a match fee Or don't want to win the Airsoft cup?

jtischauser

+1.

Airsoft is neither loud nor destructive enough for me.

I got $10 that says you two will be there with your concealement garments on and at least two airsoft guns each. Actally maybe we will incorporate the backup gun into the match for a New York style reload.

Latest posts