2010 Arkansas Section Multi Gun Championship - October 30-31st

Chambers

actual GM
Thanks Jesse. I'll take you up on that, but it won't be tonight. Have a proposal to write for grad school that I haven't started.

Who makes a decent shell caddy and how many should I order? How many AR mag pouches will I need?

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
I have 3 AR pouches and 12 Shotshell caddies you can use if need be. You can take a look at Chris and my stuff this Sunday and decide what you want to order.

Chambers

actual GM
We're back.

Congrats to JT for walking all over B class and most of the other classes....finished 3rd tac and 7th overall! I think there were 105 shooters total?

Learned a lot from shooting with Taran and the rest of the super-squad and had a lot of fun to boot. Can't wait to come back next year and not suck.

jtischauser

Thanks Mike! You rocked a bunch of stages too my friend. I got lucky that 3 gun demons didn't bodybag me for the first time. The Red Neck Tactical and Accurate Iron guns ran like clockwork too which is always nice. For those of you that slipped this one you missed a great 3 gun speed shoot.

Chambers

actual GM
Unfortunately I screwed the pooch on as many as I rocked. :) Should be interesting to see the videos and do some math on that 100 point penalty. I bet it cost me 10 places or so.

It sucks waiting 5-6 months for the next 3-gun match. I just wanna shoot...!

Chambers

actual GM
100 point penalty?!?!

Do tell...

There was a stage that had an activator with two clay birds worth 20 extra points each. However, if you didn't shoot them it would save you a standing shotgun reload and a ton of time. We did the math and determined it was a wash.

You had to step on the activator to launch the birds. I shot it pretty quick but forgot to hit the activator. I thought it was just a procedural, but rule 9.3.3 says failing to activate moving targets is a penalty mike. They also gave me two procedurals as well, so -40 for each of the birds and -20 for the procedurals = -100. I shot it in 41 seconds, I think JT shot it in 38 and Taran smoked everyone in like 34 or 35.

jtischauser

Gotta give a shout out to Mike Pinto for taking 2nd in Limited as well. Great job Mike.

Robert McDaniel took 2nd place in the chase for the Arkansas State Championship. He only missed hsi chace to repeat as back-to-back state champ by a few points. He also took one of the random draw guns home. Lucky SOB!

Doug Boudler placed 6th in Tactical moving up 5 spots from last years 11th place finish. He also took one of the random draw guns home. Lucky SOB!

Chris Andersen took 14th in Tactical in only his 2nd major 3 gun match. Had the long range stage not been throw out that number would be ALOT higher.

jtischauser

There was a stage that had an activator with two clay birds worth 20 extra points each. However, if you didn't shoot them it would save you a standing shotgun reload and a ton of time. We did the math and determined it was a wash.

You had to step on the activator to launch the birds. I shot it pretty quick but forgot to hit the activator. I thought it was just a procedural, but rule 9.3.3 says failing to activate moving targets is a penalty mike. They also gave me two procedurals as well, so -40 for each of the birds and -20 for the procedurals = -100. I shot it in 41 seconds, I think JT shot it in 38 and Taran smoked everyone in like 34 or 35.

Armageddon!!!

That was the gayest set of penalties I have ever seen. What a joke! Don't feel bad though. Check out my score on stage one last year.
2009 AR Section 3 Gun - Stage 1

You shot like a veteran. The middle of the pack is awesome considering the 100 point mistake and the fact that you were borrowing a shotgun in your first ever 3 gun match. When I shot this match last August, it was my first ever 3 gun match too. 2009 AR Section 3 Gun - Overall You beat my first ever finish by at least 10%.

The Antichrome

This was an excellent match for you. You kept your head in the game.
We should have forced you to arbitrate the penalties...by my understanding it should be 60 points.
Holy crap, Jesse got way good in a year...but dont tell him I said so.
I've already sold my prize gun:)

jtischauser

Holy crap, Jesse got way good in a year..
:sign0103:

What did you win? Will you tell us what you sold it for? When I first started I could not belive that you could win guns having this much fun. It still amazes me how much stuff there is out there for the takings.

Chambers

actual GM
Thanks to Chris and Jesse for taping me! I think I failed to engage 6 targets over the course of the match. <_< The shooting went okay enough, but I think I was too hung up with 1.) shooting fast and 2.) not getting DQ'd for improper weapons handling. I also have this really bad habit of not thinking through the stages...Taran, Chris and Jesse noticed it and that helped a lot. I think it's going to up my pistol game a good bit.

Here's an all shotgun stage. My shotgun reloads are easily twice as fast than they were 2 weeks ago. Like an idiot I loaded too many shells.

http://www.youtube.com/jtischauser#p/u/17/1lh68pQCAvM

Here's the very last stage we shot. Like an idiot I decided to use Jesse's M2 which I had never shot. He had some super-ninja choke in that was supposed to have a wider pattern. As you can tell it didn't work out for me and I had to drill the first popper twice, which led to unscheduled reload.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jtischauser#p/u/13/O417KK2TlDY

Here's an all pistol stage. I shot the first swinger twice which threw off my whole reloading strategy. I'm shooting an M&P40 w/ 15 rd. mags.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jtischauser#p/u/14/gQ71Kj4noPg

Here's a perfect example of why not to miss with a shotgun. The fasted way to shoot this stage required 6 birdshot, 2 slugs, 2 birdshot, and 10 slugs in that order. I missed the second clay from the second firing position, loaded up another birdshot (but forgot to rack the slug out of the gun), and ended up shooting a clay with a slug and a paper target with birdshot.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jtischauser#p/u/15/LtYAnwCmFg0

This was my best stage overall. It was top 10 the last I looked at the stage scores, but don't know if held up. Not particularly fast, but it was the only stage I shot that actually went as planned....LOL.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jtischauser#p/u/16/aiizWTXUnHY

Latest posts