2010 Arkansas Section Multi Gun Championship - October 30-31st

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Here's the info from MD Bruce Bethell.

Shooters,

October 30 and 31, Old Fort Gun Club in Fort Smith, AR. Another great AR Section Multi gun match. Stages are finished, but the file was too large to attach here. I'll break them down into several smaller files, and post them here tomorrow. Remember, stages may look a little different when they get on the ground. Stage count is 10, not the 11 originally figured.

Round count is 290. Breakdown is handgun, 95; rifle, 102; shotgun, 93 (including 16 slugs). Longest rifle shot will be 300 yards, all our Range will handle. Couple of slugs at 50 yards or so.

Match hotel is the Candlewood Suites, located at 7501 Madison Avenue, Fort Smith. Just off Phoenix Avenue, near the airport. Same property as last year, but even lower rates. Use the code "Gun Match" to reserve a single for $74 per night, double for $84, or a 2 room suite for $96. Nice property, only about 2 years old, and about as close to the Range as you can get in Fort Smith and have indoor plumbing. Local number is (479) 424-3800. Check out the property at www.candlewoodsuites/fortar.com.

Prize table is growing every day. Overall match sponsors are Springfield Armory and DPMS, so you know some folks will leave with new guns, including some by random draw among all shooters.

If you have not signed up yet, entry form is attached. Slots are limited, so get yours in the mail soon.

Questions? Email me at [email protected], or call daytimes at (479) 785-4558.

Bruce Bethell

Rustyzx9

Founding Member
What group does a red dot sight put you in for this match? I'm seriously considering shooting this match, it looks outstanding!!!

Spiff

Semi-Pro
That's be limited, as long as you don't put a flippy magnifier behind it. Tactical is for variables.

Rustyzx9

Founding Member
[quote author=Spiff link=topic=104.msg1235#msg1235 date=1285729618]
That's be limited, as long as you don't put a flippy magnifier behind it. Tactical is for variables.
[/quote]

I've got one of those flippy magnifiers but I'm not sure if I like it or not... It's heavy like a brick!

jtischauser

They will shoot some long range at this match but the majority of the shooting will be at CQB ranges. A red dot in irons could be a lot of fun.

jtischauser

Have any of you guys that shot this match multiple years seen them chrono at the match? I know they did not last year. Just curious if I need to go double check all my ammo before the match.

jtischauser

Where is Cole Rodgers? He better be shooting this match with us.

U know a few guys from Missouri ate coming down. I'll hit them up about a roomate.

If that doesn't work our room had a pullout it there are cheaper hotels than the match hotel.

Spiff

Semi-Pro
Thanks for the offer dude, but I'm not really sure about chilling at your place while you and the Mrs. are doing the grown-up! But I do appreciate it! :)

I just went ahead and got a single room. Word on Enos is that they're out of doubles. I'm planning on driving straight there Friday and checking out Sunday morning. Might be a long day on Sunday with a 4.5 hr drive back!

I also requested to be squadded with you guys, but I dunno if that'll come through.

Chambers

actual GM
I'm in. First 3-gun match for me...going to do my best not to get totally smoked. I look at it as a learning experience. :38: I'm going to learn more than $100 worth of stuff just from hanging around JT's dream team squad...

Chambers

actual GM
[quote author=B.S. DuBois link=topic=104.msg2216#msg2216 date=1286943274]
Ya'll just dont get too worn out - two weekends in a row in Arkansas....
[/quote]

Not possible.

I do need to memorize some good Arkansas jokes, though...

jtischauser

Awesome Mike! You will be thanking me I hope. Start practicing those shotgun reloads.

Let me know if u want to come get my M1 tonight and some shell caddies.

Latest posts