$20 Kershaw

ZoidMeister

Well-Known Fanatic
I love Kershaw folders. At their price if one gets dull or misplaced, I just buy another. I'm partial to the Volt model.

Something to note: Kershaw also offers lifetime resharpening for every knife they sell. Send it back to them on your dime, they will sharpen to original and return them to you on their dime

azpoolguy

Well-Known Fanatic
Something to note: Kershaw also offers lifetime resharpening for every knife they sell. Send it back to them on your dime, they will sharpen to original and return them to you on their dime
That's good to know. Out of the box this is one of the, if not the sharpest knife I've ever purchased. I've been moving for 4 days so it has been getting a work out on taped up boxes.

ZoidMeister

Well-Known Fanatic
That's good to know. Out of the box this is one of the, if not the sharpest knife I've ever purchased. I've been moving for 4 days so it has been getting a work out on taped up boxes.

I will get you a link to their warranty page when I get to the office. They will also do blade replacements for any of their knives for $10 flat rate.

I have one spring assist knife with a broken tip that I need to send back for warranty repair as the spring assist stopped working. I have reground the tip and have been using it for a few years that way. It has been great even with the broken tip. I almost don't want to get the blade replaced.

And yes, they are very sharp out of the box. They hold their edge very well for a $20 knife. I have sent a few of mine back for resharpening in the past and they come back sharpened like new.

Z

Last edited:

ZoidMeister

Well-Known Fanatic
Here

Well, due to the continuing inefficiency of the Post Office, and their rate increases, the "ship back on their dime" era seems to have come to an unfortunate end. They now charge $7 return postage.

Here is the link to the full warranty page. Blade replacements are still only $10.

https://kershaw.kaiusaltd.com/warranty

upload_2018-12-17_8-5-16.png

cor_man257

Fanatic
Cool thread. My pocket knife is a Kershaw CQC-6K I've been carrying it since sometime in mid 2016 I think. I actually won it (and the E Trainer) in a giveaway. At the time I worked in a warehouse and used it for cutting cardboard before mounting tires and wheels everyday. I now work in a slightly different environment, but still use it for cutting boxes, string, tubing, whatever. It's a tool that works for mundane tasks and defense if needed. In fact using the wave for mundane tasks is a good way to become even more familiar with a defense tool. Mine needs some sharpening I think, but it's never rusted on me, broken, or come loose. Love it.

It's cheap enough that if I lose it, break it, have it confiscated, or need to toss it, it gets magnetized or some other crazy thing I can always grab another one cheap. The Emerson wave feature means that it's legal for me to carry even in places with laws about automatic knives, and at this point I can open it really consistently, faster than I ever could an assisted folder with thumb stud. I don't care enough about customizing it to change out the thumb disk, G10, or grips but I know some people enjoy that.

Another awesome benefit, is that I have a trainer blade that is nearly identical. So I can practice the wave opening into various grips without worrying about getting cut. Or, if I get the chance to practice weapons based entanglement or grappling I can do that with a trainer that is exactly the same as what I carry everyday.

I can't recommend the Kershaw's with Emerson wave enough.

-Cory

Rusty Guns

Active Fanatic
I have carried Schrade knives since I was in High School.
For the most part, now I carry the Uncle Henry. The one I carry most is a smaller 3 blade. I have carried it for over 35 years. I have a nice Kershaw with a single blade and clip. It stays on rt side Schrade on the left.

John Galt

Well-Known Fanatic
I have half a dozen Keshaw knives but I recently had an experience that soured me on the company.

I received a Kershaw as a gift and out of The box the blade would not lock. I sent it to Kershaw and they charged me $6 For the repair/ shipping.

As a contrast, I gave my wife a Kel Tec pistol for cayotes when she was hiking. She put it in her pack and kept it there until it rusted into a brick. I sent it to Kel Tec, told them it was my fault and please repair it if they could And I would pay what it cost. They replaced everything, made it new and refused to accept a dime. Even shipped it back on their dime. I insisted that I should pay something and they refused To accept any payment.

Kel Tec made me a customer forever.

Particularly in this climate I do not think arms and implement companies can afford to treat their customers like Kershaw. For $6 they lost me. I'll never buy another one of their corporate products.

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic
I have half a dozen Keshaw knives but I recently had an experience that soured me on the company.

I received a Kershaw as a gift and out of The box the blade would not lock. I sent it to Kershaw and they charged me $6 For the repair/ shipping.

As a contrast, I gave my wife a Kel Tec pistol for cayotes when she was hiking. She put it in her pack and kept it there until it rusted into a brick. I sent it to Kel Tec, told them it was my fault and please repair it if they could And I would pay what it cost. They replaced everything, made it new and refused to accept a dime. Even shipped it back on their dime. I insisted that I should pay something and they refused To accept any payment.

Kel Tec made me a customer forever.

Particularly in this climate I do not think arms and implement companies can afford to treat their customers like Kershaw. For $6 they lost me. I'll never buy another one of their corporate products.
I'm sorry to hear that they treated you badly. Not real good for customer relations obviously.

Latest posts