2 months of waiting :(

pyplynr

Well-Known Fanatic
Putting together a Savage 7mm Remington Magnum. Ordered the stock this morning (6 week lead time). Ordered the barrel this afternoon (8 week lead time)

Should look like this
P1040202.jpg

minus fluting of the barrel and mine will fold right behind the grip
pictureday3_022.jpg

pyplynr

Well-Known Fanatic
I ordered the stock in black. Not sure if I made the right choice. I've never had an all black rifle for longer than a couple days before painting. I may just try the all black steath look for a while. When I get it built your more than welcome to come shoot it.

pyplynr

Well-Known Fanatic
Might have to throw on a FDE MIAD grip on it! lol

pyplynr

Well-Known Fanatic
The folder mechanism for the buttstock is. The rest of the stock is made by XLR Industries http://www.xlrindustries.com/evolution.html

pyplynr

Well-Known Fanatic
What kind of class? 2 screws hold the stock on and spin the barrel on and head space and your done. You can put a Savage together about as fast as you can an AR.

pyplynr

Well-Known Fanatic
Haven't decided if I want to go with a Rifle Basix or the Sharp Shooter Supply Comp.

I've been thinkin about seeing who all would want to come up to my range and sling some lead out around 3-800 yards.

I might do that after I get this rifle finished in a couple months.

[email protected]

Well-Known Fanatic
Haven't decided if I want to go with a Rifle Basix or the Sharp Shooter Supply Comp.

I've been thinkin about seeing who all would want to come up to my range and sling some lead out around 3-800 yards.

I might do that after I get this rifle finished in a couple months.

I'm in!

pyplynr

Well-Known Fanatic
Well it's update time. I got a call on Friday from Kyle @ XLR Ind. and he has my stock finished but is still waiting on the buttstock tube (ar buffer tube). My barrel on the other hand... the order apparently didn't get sent to Krieger so I have another 4 to 6 week wait on that. My 2nd Atlas bipod arrived a couple weeks ago. I just got off the phone with Jay@ Sportoptics and cancelled the PST I had ordered for it and changed to another Nightforce. The only piece of the puzzle I have left is to order a Badger FTE brake for it and find someone local to install it. The wait and anticipation to shoot this thing is killing me!

Ksmirk

Well-Known Fanatic
Have you figured out what trigger? I have a couple SSS triggers you'd be more than welcome to try out!

Just because I like to confuse people and well they are the best break I have ever used! do a search for muscle break, a guy by the name of Jim See makes them. I have a 7WSM pistol that has one if you would like to touch that off and just see for yourself. I shoot a riflescope on that pistol and have yet to get the scope eye! it recoils back about 1 1/2 - 2 inches. Here's a little picture,

006-3.jpg

Later,

Kirk

Latest posts