1911 slide stop

Jefpainthorse

Fill in the Blank
any body in the OKC area have a GI or Commecial Colt style slide stop they want to get rid off?

Stainless if you have it ... but blued will work. My SA loaded has a extended version... my hands are small and my thumb rides it...

I've checked most of the likely reasons a slide stop wont lock the slide back on the last round...it's either just plain short...or my thumb is dragging on it....

KurtM

Well-Known Fanatic
Yes Jeff I got a couple. I will have to check on colors but you are welcome to one (405) 308-5292

Jefpainthorse

Fill in the Blank
Thanks Kurt... hold that thought. This pistol is a 9mm x19.... I'm not sure if the 45 and 9 mm are the same where the inside touches the mag follower step

I have some Tripp mags coming... that may help part of the problem... if it does I will re-shape the thumb pad on the existing unit.

D

DurningDefenseCustoms

The lobe that contacts the follower on a 9mm is longer than a 45 acp. I use a 9mm lobe when building guns and machine the lobe back to clear a 45 acp gun.

you can use a 9mm on a 45 acp but it will need to be motified, but not the other way around.

Good Luck, gents

D

DurningDefenseCustoms

really, intresting..... are you shooting full house loads, and +P defense stuff?

Jefpainthorse

Fill in the Blank
4 kinds of Wal Mart 45...Winchester, UMC, Federal ball.... and a big handfull of Remington 115 grain hollow points. 3 kinds of mags... factory, Tripp and a Meggar.

The factory says they send em out with 14 pounders... he said something about trying a 7. My buddy is running a 12 in his 5 inch Kimber (solved a similar problem). From what I read... many 5 inch 9's run good on a 10-12 recoil spring...using FMJ "standard" ammo.

I think they may have sent it out with a 16 pound spring...or whatever they put in the 5 inch loaded 45ACP

thats prolly your problem. oil up the slide and frame rails too; most 1911's are way too dry.

Latest posts