1911 Scorpion

bradigby

Active Fanatic
How many rounds do you shoot for the break in? I have seen lots of stuff on youtube a while back. I couldn't seem to find it again when I looked.

I got it brand new in May (less than a month old). I took it apart and cleaned it with clp. I then took it to the range and lubed it with with the provided grease. put 200 rounds (3 different brands, 6 different magazines) through it, went perfectly. After, I cleaned it with clp. Last week I cleaned it with clp then used the rest of the grease then did not get to shoot it on saturday like i planned.

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
Sounds like it's broke in to me. Don't put too much worry about break in periods for firearms, just feed it ammo and go on.

wgm2011

Well-Known Fanatic
After 200 rds without problems, you are good to go.

For new handguns, my break-in consists of shooting the rounds I plan on using until it runs without any hiccups. If I decided to change ammo or replace parts, I go through the drill again.

Its a matter of developing confidence in my tools.

holliday

Fanatic
Flatland Shooter said:
After 200 rds without problems, you are good to go.

For new handguns, my break-in consists of shooting the rounds I plan on using until it runs without any hiccups. If I decided to change ammo or replace parts, I go through the drill again.

Its a matter of developing confidence in my tools.
Good advice

Latest posts