1911 Newbie

Yambra

Fanatic
Hi everyone. I will be getting my first 1911 a week from tomorrow (good old California). I will be starting my 1911 journey with a Dan Wesson PM7-45. I look forward to learning everything I can about this iconic firearm.

Brad

Whit

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Welcome from northern Indiana enjoy the conversation

Fred_G

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Welcome from Louisiana. DW is certainly a good 1911 to start out with.

Blackbeard

Administrator
Staff member
Fanatic Family
Welcome! Glad you joined us! We hope to hear from you real soon!

joepistol

Well-Known Fanatic
.." . I will be getting my first 1911 a week from tomorrow .."

You'll learn pretty fast , if you're a 1911 fanatic... (your first won't be your last)
1911's in different sizes (Govt. / Commander/ Officer as well as different calibers.. 45, 9mm, 40, 10mm, etc..
My only advice is, if your 1st 1911 is a 45, don't wait too long before you try one in 9mm.
I waited many years before I tried a 9mm, (though I had a 10mm)
and now, I shoot my 9mm 1911's more than my 45's.

and welcome to the site..

Nikrnic

Well-Known Fanatic
Hi everyone. I will be getting my first 1911 a week from tomorrow (good old California). I will be starting my 1911 journey with a Dan Wesson PM7-45. I look forward to learning everything I can about this iconic firearm.

Brad
You live in California... Shame on you!!
Haha, kidn' I lived there myself, that's when I first got into shooting and bought my first 1911, a Colt Gvmt. You chose well. I have a DW PM9 and I don't think you can get a better bang for your buck than a Dan Wesson... Congrats to you !!.

Yambra

Fanatic
.." . I will be getting my first 1911 a week from tomorrow .."

You'll learn pretty fast , if you're a 1911 fanatic... (your first won't be your last)
1911's in different sizes (Govt. / Commander/ Officer as well as different calibers.. 45, 9mm, 40, 10mm, etc..
My only advice is, if your 1st 1911 is a 45, don't wait too long before you try one in 9mm.
I waited many years before I tried a 9mm, (though I had a 10mm)
and now, I shoot my 9mm 1911's more than my 45's.

and welcome to the site..
I definitely have a feeling this is just the beginning of a new addiction. I'm already thinking about adding different caliber 1911's. I will have research whats available to me in this non American state I live in.

Yambra

Fanatic
You live in California... Shame on you!!
Haha, kidn' I lived there myself, that's when I first got into shooting and bought my first 1911, a Colt Gvmt. You chose well. I have a DW PM9 and I don't think you can get a better bang for your buck than a Dan Wesson... Congrats to you !!.
Thank you. I'm excited to be able to pick it up on Monday. California definitely has a lot of issues. Unfortunately I am too deeply rooted here to be able to leave. Or else I'd be out of here. I'd much rather be a part of the United States lol

Yambra

Fanatic
Welcome to the forum. You have picked a good 1911 to start your experiences with.
Thank you! I've only gotten a chance to take it out once so far. Only about 8 magazines through it, but it shoots great already.

Latest posts