1911 in .40S&W

drmitchgibson

The white Morgan Freeman
STI Trojan hard-chromed CRP from Dawson, or Sig Max 1911?
I have a blued Trojan already. Looking for a primary gun. Sig Max has more bells/whistles, but has retarded dots on the rear sight. I guess I could paint over the stupid-ass dots, or drill them out lightly and blue the steel like a man.
Trojan has a hard-chromed frame, and I'm not sure about relieving it to blend an S&A magwell. Sig users and reviewers say the Sig Max is lit AF. Not sure anyone here has any experience with the Sig Max.

Robusto

Well-Known Fanatic
Trojan. I have a smith and alexander magwell on mine that mike blended in for me.

wav3rhythm

Well-Known Fanatic
Make sure you get the Trojan with the small rollmark on the slide. The older "billboard" Trojans had the feedramp cut incorrectly on a lot of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Gunnut 23 said:
boy I want to troll these stupid responses, but Ill just say that the most reliable, softest shooting 1911 in 40sw is a 1911 in 45acp
I'm going .45acp for my upcoming SVI build. Gramps will be proud!

drmitchgibson

The white Morgan Freeman
.45ACP is not in my present or future, and I am glad for that. My current Trojan is in .40S&W and it is reliable and soft shooting enough. It is also blued, and will remain a practice gun/backup gun that will have the **** beat out of it. I want a match gun that can be out in the cold/heat/humidity/rain/snow/sleet without rusting. Or handled extensively without rusting. Or sweated on without rusting. Bluing is such a shitty finish. I may end up just stripping down the current gun and having it chromed or nitrided. It runs like a boss.

jtischauser

Stainless steel and DLC coatings don't rust.

Come on man, take a puff. It won't kill you. All the cool kids are doing it. Just one drag...

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
Mitch Gibson said:
.45ACP is not in my present or future, and I am glad for that. My current Trojan is in .40S&W and it is reliable and soft shooting enough. It is also blued, and will remain a practice gun/backup gun that will have the **** beat out of it. I want a match gun that can be out in the cold/heat/humidity/rain/snow/sleet without rusting. Or handled extensively without rusting. Or sweated on without rusting. Bluing is such a shitty finish. I may end up just stripping down the current gun and having it chromed or nitrided. It runs like a boss.
If you're worried about the way your gun looks, maybe you should just let them collect dust.... pansie....

dennishoddy

Gunnut 23 said:
boy I want to troll these stupid responses, but Ill just say that the most reliable, softest shooting 1911 in 40sw is a 1911 in 45acp
That's the reason my wife likes the .45 the best.

drmitchgibson

The white Morgan Freeman
Matt Rigsby said:
If you're worried about the way your gun looks, maybe you should just let them collect dust.... pansie....
I want to handle the gun without my hands getting rust on them, and not have to oil the exterior of the gun frequently. I have already dealt with this with the current gun. Your attempt at relevance is appreciated.

Jesse, what is the lead time on the Infinity's? 15 months?

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Mitch Gibson said:
I want to handle the gun without my hands getting rust on them, and not have to oil the exterior of the gun frequently. I have already dealt with this with the current gun. Your attempt at relevance is appreciated.

Sometimes they have guns ready to go....builds that people bailed on for one reason or another. You check with them & see what they have.

jtischauser

Mitch Gibson said:

Last I heard was under 12 months. I've got a single stack order on somewhere. You can have my spot. I'm having trouble deciding on serial numbers still. I'm torn between two. What do you think?

1Dick4Cyrwus
MikeCanSuck12

Robusto

Well-Known Fanatic
Mitch Gibson said:
DVC Classic in 40SW?
View attachment 11904

Attachments

• sti_dvcclassic_1.jpg
    sti_dvcclassic_1.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 97

Gramps

Well-Known Fanatic
mattmiller (Robusto) said:
DVC Classic in 40SW?
attachicon.gif
sti_dvcclassic_1.jpg
Only $2,600... Damn close to the cost of a custom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk