1911 holster recommendation please

Dux-R-Us

Fear the Duck
Hi You'ins.

I have been getting very good advice, answers, etc from the population. Thanks everybody.

Here is another request.

Last year when I began shooting IPSC, I bought the Open Top Kydex Holster, by Uncle Mike's Law Enforcement. Why? Because it was available and affordable. And I did'nt know better.

I have not been enamored with the rig. Oh it has worked fine thus far, except it is removing the bluing from my pistol at an alarming rate.

Please recommend a holster for a 1911 to use in IPSC, one that will be forgiving to the looks of my pistol. I am not sticking my new HP in the Uncle Mike's rig!

Thanks friends,

K

technetium-99m

Mighty Righty
There isn't a holster made that won't remove bluing.

Quality Kydex holsters that are kept clean will be better, but holster wear is still going to happen.

If the wear is that important either don't shoot the gun in USPSA matches or shoot in a division that allows a race holster like the CR Speed, Limcat, Ghost, etc.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
I use Bladetech for my drop and offset holsters. I had David E from Kytac make me a SS holster for my custom Accurate Iron 1911 and it is very fast and smooth. I am tempted to try his DOH holster for my other guns too. you can check it out at the next Heartland match if you are there.

Dux-R-Us

Fear the Duck
I use Bladetech for my drop and offset holsters. I had David E from Kytac make me a SS holster for my custom Accurate Iron 1911 and it is very fast and smooth. I am tempted to try his DOH holster for my other guns too. you can check it out at the next Heartland match if you are there.

I'd like that Jesse. Thanks. I realize that all holsters will cause wear and bluing loss, It seems there should be some that are better and worse than others. I'll let you know when I'll attend the next Heartland match. I will shoot the IPSC match this Saturday at OKCGC. Perhaps you'll make that as well.

Tally ho

Kevin

Latest posts