1911 Gunsmith recommendation

Dux-R-Us

Fear the Duck
prefer someone local OK.

wanting a trigger job and replacing front sight.

I watched Mr. Dawson's video on how easy it was to replace a 1911 front sight (at least for him). I have a hard time hanging a picture.

thanks

k

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
Dux-R-Us said:
prefer someone local OK.

wanting a trigger job and replacing front sight.

I watched Mr. Dawson's video on how easy it was to replace a 1911 front sight (at least for him). I have a hard time hanging a picture.

thanks

k
Dr. Barry Greyson is the best. PM me for his email address.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Jackary

Well-Known Fanatic
Burk Cornelius said:
Dr. Barry Greyson is the best. PM me for his email address.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I sent you a pm. I have one that I am needing some work on also.

Robusto

Well-Known Fanatic
I had some local clown put in a Porcelain Crown that was so ill fitting, I needed a root canal. Lot of pain.
Was recommended to Dr Greyson by friend. Barry fit me for a crown and sent me to a real Endodontist for the RC.
That crown is the best looking thing I have ever had in my mouth.
Barry is awesome, if rumor of his retirement is true, we are worse off from it.

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
mattmiller (Robusto) said:
I had some local clown put in a Porcelain Crown that was so ill fitting, I needed a root canal. Lot of pain.
Was recommended to Dr Greyson by friend. Barry fit me for a crown and sent me to a real Endodontist for the RC.
That crown is the best looking thing I have ever had in my mouth.
Barry is awesome, if rumor of his retirement is true, we are worse off from it.
My favorite BG story was when I was at his office and we had my 1911 taken completely apart, pieces all over the reception counter. Some old lady came in for an appointment and looked over at us like we were some kind of gangsters or something. Barry just told her to go into room #2 and he would be in in a minute.

I think he also might have ground down a trigger part for me with his dentist drill one time.

Good times

landshark069

Active Fanatic
Definitely Deplorable said:
Don't know if true or not, but I heard Dr. Greyson retired from gunsmithing. Hope it's not.
Is this true ? I am looking for a local (OKC, Edmond) gunsmith to fix or replace my grip safety. Any other recomendations ?

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
Rick V said:
Is this true ? I am looking for a local (OKC, Edmond) gunsmith to fix or replace my grip safety. Any other recomendations ?
Don't know for certain one way or the other, just something I saw posted somewhere so take it with a grain of salt. If not Dr. Barry I'd go to Firearm Solutions, they'll do you right.

bigfug

Active Fanatic
Verdict on his retirement? Also, I have heard on another forum that Cutting Edge was pretty good. Anyone have experience with them?

Latest posts