1911 DW Sight Cut

CECannonJr

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Can any of my fellow 1911 experts tell me the proper sight cut for a Dan Wesson Pointman (Adjustable). I do not care for the stock ones.
I found the link below. It looks like Dan Wesson used 3 different styles depending on when the gun was made. The best thing to do would probably be to call them and let them tell you what you have. I tried to be helpful.:)

Dan Wesson 65 Borden Ave. Norwich, NY 13815. Monday-Friday 7am-4pm Eastern (800) 955-4486

HooDoo Man

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Peoples Republic of California (Northern)

switchback

Well-Known Fanatic
Huh, I typically do the above research after I make a move, it just increases my frustration levels. Unfortunately not joking around. I'm still trying to learn patience.

I recall more than a few threads about DW sight cuts. Seems DW provides their own increased frustration. Hopefully , by now you've got it all sorted.

CECannonJr

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Huh, I typically do the above research after I make a move, it just increases my frustration levels. Unfortunately not joking around. I'm still trying to learn patience.

I recall more than a few threads about DW sight cuts. Seems DW provides their own increased frustration. Hopefully , by now you've got it all sorted.
Based on what you just said, you and I have a lot in common.

BillBro68

Well-Known Fanatic
All I can say is that my Valor and Silverback both have Novak fronts, the Valor a Novak rear and the Silverback an LPA /Bomar adj rear. DWs are confusing so I called Shawn Sastri at CZ/DW and asked him. He is their lead gunsmith and spot on with the knowledge.

HooDoo Man

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
I went with Dawson adjustable rear and Novak N/S white dot on the front. Thanks for all your input. The front took a little fitting and the rear was easy. Like always Patience is the key. And I have to work at mine. More with people that anything else.

BillBro68

Well-Known Fanatic
So? How is that adj sight working out? I almost went with that one myself but had read about a few other brands about a few issues with the adj models, not Dawsons but did read one reviewers issues with basically the same thing. I myself like and adj sight because I reload alot and like to experiment with loads. So, are these staying put? Seem well built?

HooDoo Man

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Now it's Final. Screw the adjustable front sight. Heinie Straight Eight fixed N/S rear along the Novak Tritium w/white outline front. I've got the same set up on all my 1911's that the Heinie will fit. The Front Sight, Novak Tritium N/S (Brownell Pt.# 662-005-160/180) .075 base is not hard to fit just take your time. Novak's Pt. # DFSO2-6 /160 or 180. On most of my other pistols I have XS Night Sites standard dot. There fast for combat shooting, isn't that what it's all about? Been using them for years. Once you get used to them there hard to beat. But some people don't like them.