1911 Competition holster and mag pouches?

jhenke

Well-Known Fanatic
I'm leaning toward a Triple Crown holster. I'd imagine I'd need 4 extra mags. Who makes a good reliable setup for my single stacks?

jhenke

Well-Known Fanatic
While I'm at it, I was told the gun club is adhering to NY state law of 10 round mags for everything, so any suggestions for 10 round AR mag pouches for competition?

Sorry for all the newbie questions, but this is my first year shooting in competitions. Besides, I figure any help from you guys on Boomer should give me a leg up on these NY guys.

WillR

Well-Known Fanatic
jhenke said:
While I'm at it, I was told the gun club is adhering to NY state law of 10 round mags for everything, so any suggestions for 10 round AR mag pouches for competition?Sorry for all the newbie questions, but this is my first year shooting in competitions. Besides, I figure any help from you guys on Boomer should give me a leg up on these NY guys.
You serious Clark? What club are you talking about.

Edit. Never mind. I just saw you are from NY. That mag ban sucks. About the holster. I have a 3X Crown, and Troy makes a great product.

bsdubois00

Head Honcho Emeritus
I just ordered 4 of the Ready Tactical SS mag holders from CPWSA - I'll let you know how I like them in a couple days

poopgiggle

B Class Nobody
I have 4 of those Ready Tacticals for my M&P mags and I don't like them at all. They slide around on the belt too much. When I have enough "fun money" to replace them, they're going.

I have 2 Comp-Tac single holders for my 1911 and I like them a lot.

bsdubois00

Head Honcho Emeritus
Put velcro on the backs - then they stick to your inner belt :)

I do this to pretty much every mag pouch - keeps them from moving at all

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
mike cyrwus said:
get 4 singles; that quad thing sucks
Truth ^^^
I got one awhile back and after using it one time, I took it apart and put a tec lok on the second part of it to make 2 double mag pouches.

stan686

Well-Known Fanatic
For IDPA I use an old Fobus paddle double pouch and it works real well. It holds the single stack mags nice and snug but not too snug. When I have the occasion to shoot USPSA, I use Safailand.

WillR

Well-Known Fanatic
mike cyrwus said:
get 4 singles; that quad thing sucks
It only took me $127 to figure that out.

I have one and have shot one match with it. Don't know if it was bad or it was just me. Even though the mags are offset you can't get quite as good grip as single pouches. At any rate I need more practice with the SS.

At this point I probably would not recommend getting one.

Latest posts