1911 Carry Week

tomrkba

Well-Known Fanatic
After the disaster of my 1911's in 45, I decided my 9mm 1911's need some holster time. This week, June 13-19, 2021, is officially "9mm 1911 Carry Week". The guns that will be carried are my EMP and T4 Recon. The EMP was loaded up earlier today with two 9 round magazines for a total of 19 rounds of Speer Gold Dot JHP. It is carried in a JM Custom Kydex AIWB 2.5 with (mismatched!) Pull the Dot loops and the spare magazine in a JM Custom Kydex AIWB mag holder.

EMP.jpg

My Nighthawk Custom T4 Recon with mounted Streamlight TLR-7 will also get carried. It rides in a QVO Tactical 1911 More Discreet holster cut down from Government length by approximately one inch. I swapped the plastic clip for a Discreet Carry Concepts Mod 4 clip, which works quite well despite the weight of the gun. The spare mag will be carried in the same JMCK AIWB mag holder as used for the EMP.

Nighthawk-T4-TLR-7-QVO.jpeg

tomrkba

Well-Known Fanatic
I found that the QVO causes the light to activate for a flash for about half the draws. I will use it for now but it will be replaced soon.

tomrkba

Well-Known Fanatic
1911 Carry Week went well. I carried the EMP all seven days and dry fired the Nighthawk T4 Recon and DW Commander.

DPM

Well-Known Fanatic
You didn't look around enough. Ask the guys here for suggestions. You'll get some good ones.
MTR Leather in N C they make some of the best custom leather holsters out there ! Unfortunately they wait time can be pretty long.

tomrkba

Well-Known Fanatic
MTR Leather in N C they make some of the best custom leather holsters out there ! Unfortunately they wait time can be pretty long.

I wanted a 5 Shot SME but a one year wait is too long. I have a Garrity and Milt Sparks Summer Special but neither are adjustable. Same goes for others. Adjustability is important for AIWB.

I have a Tenicor Certum 3 5", which is good. I just received a Tenicor 3.9" and it is nearly perfect.

DPM

Well-Known Fanatic
I wanted a 5 Shot SME but a one year wait is too long. I have a Garrity and Milt Sparks Summer Special but neither are adjustable. Same goes for others. Adjustability is important for AIWB.

I have a Tenicor Certum 3 5", which is good. I just received a Tenicor 3.9" and it is nearly perfect.
Wow , didn't realize the wait times had become that long ! I have a custom holster and mag carrier for a sig . After 3 years of almost daily carry its like the day I got it , the way the leather wraps around it is almost like a light retention holster . KB Leather Co , out of Iva SC , may be worth a look . I have heard a lot of good things about them .