1911, Best gift ever!

Mitch Rapp

Well-Known Fanatic
There is an older man in the community where I live and work who I have gotten to be friends with over the last few years. A few months back he had some health problems and almost died. His health problems were somewhat related to the condition of his house, which was a double wide. Well, I was able to help them with some of the lot preparation, and some other things getting him a new house into the park here, some of which are my job, other which I just did to help. I had also visited him in the hospital, and other things that I would do for any other friend. He is a Vietnam vet, and I always try to do what I can to help a veteran. Having never served I figure the least I can do is to serve those who did, and like I said he is a friend anyway.

Well last week we where talking and we are both kinda "gun nuts" so he asked me how I was "fixed" for guns. I told him about my new shotgun, and some of the rifles I had gotten recently, and told him I would like to get another pistol, but didn't really "need" one. He asked me if I had a .45, I said no. He says "well son, every man NEEDS a .45" and said he was gonna give me one. Well, I was blown away. Couple of days later he told me he decided which one he was gonna give me, a Colt Commander. I tried telling him he didn't need to do that, and well you know how it is trying to argue with older guys. He's pretty stubborn. LOL.

So, here's what followed me home today, I am very excited! Just gotta find some ammo and mags and I am in business! He said he got it yeears ago, and never even shot it.

Jon-Luc Ruben

Well-Known Fanatic
What does the rollmark/engraving say? Sweet piece man...the only thing better than a new gun is a new gun with a story...you must mean a lot to him, and it's nice to see good things happening to really good people, especially in this day and age. It seems to be a rare occurrence. :)

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Kevin S. said:
Colt M1991A1
Colt M1991A1 (1991â€"2001 ORM; 2001â€"present NRM): A hybrid of the M1911A1 military model redesigned to use the slide of the Mk. IV Model 80. The 1991â€"2001 model used the old Colt rollmark engraved on the slide. The 2001 model introduced a new rollmark engraving.

Mitch Rapp

Well-Known Fanatic
Took the gun over to a a guy I know who shoots 1911s for a major custom 1911 maker and let him check it out. He said it's probably only had a couple hundred rounds through it, and is tight where it needs to be. He said the Colts are usually tack drivers if they have a good barrel lock up, which mine does. He also tuned the extractor for me. Hope to do some shooting Friday.

poopgiggle

B Class Nobody
Sweet gat. The "every man needs a 45" thing coming from a 'nam vet reminded me of this

ZcDSC9ql.jpg

Kevin S. said:
Took the gun over to a a guy I know who shoots 1911s for a major custom 1911 maker
GOSH I WONDER WHO THIS COULD BE

ltmelvin

Well-Known Fanatic
I've noticed that even though we are "crazy gun nuts" in a lot of peoples eyes, this shooting community contains some of the most kind people I've ever come across. I've seen multiple stories like this one and am proud to be apart this community. Keep up the kind acts of helping others.

Latest posts