1911 9mm mags

007Hammer

Fanatic
Hello. I take my 1911's to the range and in the woods often. I have 5 mags that I use and load prior to the outings but always shoot more than that. My question is there an extended (more than 9) mag on the market? I have done online searches with no luck.
Please don't reply with just buy more mags, I know that.
Thanks

Fred_G

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Tripp or Mec Gar make 10 round. Pretty sure WC makes 10 and an extended mag.

007Hammer

Fanatic
Thanks, I will look into it. Was looking for something in a 15+ to save time when at range paying by the hour.

Fred_G

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
15 round mags will have you spending more on ammo than range time. But enjoy your shooting!

Mike D

Well-Known Fanatic
Speaking of 9mm mag's, I just ordered ANOTHER 1911. This one from Springfield, their Garrison model. Should have it this week sometime. My question, do all 9mm 1911 single stack models use the same mag's? I want to order some 9 or 10 round, reliable ones for this gun. All of my others are .45's. Any firs hand info would be appreciated.
Shoot on

rmc51

Well-Known Fanatic
Hello. I take my 1911's to the range and in the woods often. I have 5 mags that I use and load prior to the outings but always shoot more than that. My question is there an extended (more than 9) mag on the market? I have done online searches with no luck.
Please don't reply with just buy more mags, I know that.
Thanks
I have not seen a extended capacity magazine for a 1911, outside of those double's for STI and now the SA new one.
1662416008022.gif
WC in 45 makes a 7,8 &10 round

In 9mm, 9 & 10 round

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic
Speaking of 9mm mag's, I just ordered ANOTHER 1911. This one from Springfield, their Garrison model. Should have it this week sometime. My question, do all 9mm 1911 single stack models use the same mag's? I want to order some 9 or 10 round, reliable ones for this gun. All of my others are .45's. Any firs hand info would be appreciated.
Shoot o

joepistol

Well-Known Fanatic
WC makes good products, no doubt..but they are expen$ive.
I've been using Mec -Gar 9mm mags for years..in about 5 different 9mm 1911's I've owned.
Never had a problem with Mec Gar mags in any 1911 I've owned.
They are considerably less expensive than the WC brand.
I like the chrome ( nickle-plated ? ) Mec Gar mags.. they're shiny ! Though they may be harder to find.
My new Bul Armory 1911, in 9mm , came with the new 10 rnd. Mec-Gar magazines.
1st time I've heard of them making a 10 rnder... had some difficulty with t he 10 rnders,
I loaded the mags and kept them loaded, to see if the spring relaxes a bit, as it was hard to get all 10 rds in the 10 rnd magazine.

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic
WC makes good products, no doubt..but they are expen$ive.
I've been using Mec -Gar 9mm mags for years..in about 5 different 9mm 1911's I've owned.
Never had a problem with Mec Gar mags in any 1911 I've owned.
They are considerably less expensive than the WC brand.
I like the chrome ( nickle-plated ? ) Mec Gar mags.. they're shiny ! Though they may be harder to find.
My new Bul Armory 1911, in 9mm , came with the new 10 rnd. Mec-Gar magazines.
1st time I've heard of them making a 10 rnder... had some difficulty with t he 10 rnders,
I loaded the mags and kept them loaded, to see if the spring relaxes a bit, as it was hard to get all 10 rds in the 10 rnd magazine.
Re: Mec Gar mags. They are ALL I use in my hi powers. I bought some 7rounders for my 1911, I stick with what Browning made lol. Those suckers are stiff!!!! However they feed perfectly. Bought to use in my L/W full size Springfield, with the standard barrel. I fell for the internet lore about standard mags beating up the feed ramp. If anything is beating up your l/w feed ramp I'd vote It's the hollow point design. I really like Mec Gar mags

Latest posts