1903 Colt Pocket Pistol.....

fatbaldguy

Well-Known Fanatic
Buddy and I took our wives to a little river town here in Ohio and as they shopped all the chick stores, we found a little hole in the wall gun shop. I swear it couldn't have been more than 3-400 square feet. Lots of better than average Mausers, and some Enfields that were very tempting. Only a couple of 1911's, but in a corner of the top case was this 1903. The counter guy/part owner saw me drooling, took it out of the case and handed it to me without saying anything. It felt GOOD in the hand! The magazine release was as stiff as a honeymoon d!ck!!!
None the less, I wanted it. Badly.
With great trepidation, I took the price tag between my thumb and forefinger to turn it around so I could read it. He said, 'If you can't swing that, we have some wiggle room'. Dammit Man!! I looked at the tag prepared to wince in pain......it read $895. No box, one magazine.
How long has it been in the case, I asked. A minute or two was the reply. It sure is kinda hard to wipe the drool off your face while trying to push your jaw back into position without biting your tongue.
You folks will never know how much willpower it took to hand that little gem back to him and say, 'If this is still here in 90 days, we're gonna have a little discussion'. Gawd almighty, I dreamt about that gun last night. I'm sick. Sick I tell you.

Last edited:

awp101

Well-Known Fanatic
Those are great little pieces! One of the sillier things I've done in times past is selling off the small group of 3-4 shooter grade 1903s I had at one time...

OldGunner_43

Well-Known Fanatic
I got one in very good condition from my father many moons ago. It looked and felt great in my hand. Unfortunately, the trigger pull wasn't worth a hoot so I sold it. I was too dumb at the time to think of having a decent pistol smith clean up the trigger. Old saying - "we get to soon old and too late smart".

Fred_G

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
This thread made me do some googling on my mod. 1908 .25 Colt. If the website I was at is correct, it will be 100 years old in a few months. I still shoot it every once in a while, surprisingly accurate for what it is.

SparkyAZ

Well-Known Fanatic
Picked up a 1903 just a few months ago for what felt like a good price. The barrel needed re-crowning, looked like it took a fall somewhere in it's lifetime. Did a full disassembly on it to replace the springs and like to never got it back together... that mainspring setup is really tricky. All said and done it is a sweet little pocket pistol. And it does put a smile on my face shooting something that is over 100 years old...

22ConversionUnut

Well-Known Fanatic
I've had one of each (.32ACP and a .380ACP) for about 30 years. I shoot the .32ACP quite a bit. It's amazingly accurate, but the sights are so tiny it's hard to see the bullseye through them. Great little pistols.

IMG_1108.jpg IMG_1624.JPG