15" FF HG on 16" rifle?

toyfreak

Well-Known Fanatic
I will eventually get a longer barrel but im ready for a different hand guard now. Im looking at the MI SS series 15 inch Freefloat tube. I havent put a tape measure on it so not sure if it will work or not. Any body here tried it?

toyfreak

Well-Known Fanatic
here is what i found

MI ss series 15 inch 16.6 oz
12 inch 13.9

YHM customizable 12.5 inch 14.6 oz

JPE m series 15.5 inch 18.8 oz
12.5 inch 15 oz

These are all the same type handguard so the MI SS is not too bad after all.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
You can't always trust those mfr weights. I had my JP/VTAC and my PRI on the scale and couldn't get anywhere close to their numbers. Some weigh with all the attachment items some don't.

LOKI makes a 14.5" that's in that same ballpark too. Give them a look.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Clark or DPMS carbon fiber Handguards are alot lighter

toyfreak

Well-Known Fanatic
Clark or DPMS carbon fiber Handguards are alot lighter

yeah im aware of that. I was thinking about running iron's on 45 degree mounts for close range stuff and to do that i will need the top rail. I just felt like i would be limiting my self if i went with carbon fiber. Might never run the irons but atleast i could if i wanted. Ill check out the LOKI too.

toyfreak

Well-Known Fanatic
Yeah i thought about that too. Just not so sure that i could get it perfectly centered. I might still go that route.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Yeah i thought about that too. Just not so sure that i could get it perfectly centered. I might still go that route.
Yeah, you can do it. Put the HG on the reciever & use the reciever top rail to line it all up.

toyfreak

Well-Known Fanatic
Hmmmm, I might do that.

I just emailed the guys at LOKI. They instantly replied. I can get there RL hand guard for $90 shipped. Not bad at all. Waiting on a reply for the weight.

toyfreak

Well-Known Fanatic
The 12 inch tube weighs 11oz. The 14.5 is $98. Waiting on reply for the weight on that one. That's the best price I've seen on a rl tube that rails can be added to.

14.5 inch tube is said to be close to 15oz. Im gunna go with this one. Great price and they have a linky thingy on BS. Cheaper than the MI and lighter. Not that a few oz's really matters. Im no *****!

Chambers

actual GM
Clark = 6.2 oz. $100. I don't have any use for side irons.

ETA...the only metal handguard I would buy is the Troy TRX/VTAC extreme. J knows what's up!!

toyfreak

Well-Known Fanatic
Those are badass tubes but that extra 90 or so bills will buy a bunch of bullets.:29: just found this one and had to use it.

Latest posts