147 Jacketed and WST

Ksmirk

Well-Known Fanatic
Ok so this damn game has me hooked and I've been playing, I have found myself wanting to load some 9mm. I didn't get to call Donnie for some green bullets yet but I have some 147gr jacketed bullets and some WST and have not been able to find anything for information that I would call dependable so I'm asking if you guys have have anything I can get started with? just looking to meet PF or a touch over. I appreciate it fella's if you can offer me any ideas! Later,

Kirk

Ksmirk

Well-Known Fanatic
So the WW231 and WST are close enough to use data for I'm guessing? I'll admit that I've done some crazy stuff with rifle loading but this pistol stuff kinda spooks me as these powders are FAST.

Ok I checked the burn rate chart and they are real close! I'll drop it down a touch and go from there and hope there is a day here soon that the wind will not blow my chrony over. Thanks! Later,

Kirk

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
Kirk my lead load is 3.5 at 1.115 with J&K 147s. I'd start at 3.5 grains and load as long as you can. Work it up carefully from there. I'm not sure WST is going to work as well with jacketed as it does with lead. It starts getting erratic with pretty wide SDs and ESs just past PF with lead, so I'm not sure how it will go with jacketed. The higher you go the wider the spread. It'll probably work, but won't be as soft as lead. My .40 jacketed load vs. lead is noticable but not extreme and I use WST in it too. Be careful, there's not much room in the 9mm case and WST is pretty quick.

Ksmirk

Well-Known Fanatic
Fella's thanks! I load Donnies bullets in my 40SW and WST and lead in the 45 with WST so you can see why I'd like to load WST ;) I know Tony shoots 3.4 with Bayou bullets and WST so I think 3.5 would be a safe starting point probably bump .1 til I get to PF and call it good. I'll post what my results are. Later,

Kirk

Latest posts