13th anual Women's fun shoot, Sept. 8, 2012

KurtM

Well-Known Fanatic
As you may know, the 13th anual Womens Fun Shoot is happening this next Saturday. 350 + women signed up to experience their first time to shoot a firearm EVER in a safe and "gender friendly" environment. I am a little disapointed in the fact that after perusing the list of Coaches, R.O.s and Instructors only Troy Fulbright and Myself have volunteered from the "Action Shooting Sports". out of 73 R.O.s coaches, instructors. I wish we had more representation, but that is the way it goes.

I am sure they could use a few more volunteers, but what they really need are a few more AR-15s, and .22 lr rifles for the gals to try out. So if you have an AR that you don't mind if a a bunch of gals shoot it for a day, under direct supervision and instruction. The guns won't be abused in any way, but they will get dirty. Only factory ammo will be run through them please let Suzi Rouse know. She can be reached at 818-6125 or 842-8828. Her e-mail is [email protected]

I was proud to see Benelli U.S.A. step up and loan over 20 shotguns for the event and send lots of stuff to give away to the shooters. This was through a direct link to the action shooting sports and I am going to try to make sure that is noted by the event organizers. Thanks guys! Kurt Miller

Feegee

The Magic Man
Where is this event taking place? I would be more than happy to loan all of my guns out to whoever needs them. I will be in Ponca City that weekend shooting the open/limited match so I cannot physically help, but like I said I have some guns to loan out.

Sent from (NULL) Feegee's iPhone using Tapatalk

KurtM

Well-Known Fanatic
Thanks amigo. Suzie only mentioned shotguns to me, or I would have got Stag involved. Next year we can double team them. I will let you know well in advance

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
I think the Open/Limited Sectional may have made it a little difficult on RO's for you.

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
I'm not saying I didn't get an email about this but I am dissapointed that this is the first I am hearing about this.

Did the club send out an announcement?

silver star

Well-Known Fanatic
The 13th Annual Women's Fun Shoot is here! If you happen to need to get a work day in, please call/email/text me at [email protected] or (405) 818-6125 I have the following spots open for a work day

Friday 9/7/12 9:30 AM; Setting up the clubhouse and moving tables and chairs. A pickup would be very helpful in hauling the tables.

Friday 9/7/12 5:00 PM: Filling shooters bags (light labor) and setting targets (not so light labor) on the muzzleloader range. Weedeating and "sprucing up" the ranges the ladies are shooting on

Saturday 9/8/12 8:00 AM: Help with registration of the lady shooters.
Saturday 9/8/12:10:30 AM Help on the chow-line serving the ladies lunch.
.Saturday 9/8/12 2:00 PM Breaking down tables and chairs and moving/cleaning of clubhouse Pickup would be beneficial to haul chairs.
ALL of these opportunities will go towards a full Work Day Credit and as you can see, does not consist of an 8 hour work day! WHAT A DEAL!!!! Your help is greatly appreciated and NEEDED! We have over 400 women registered and are expecting a full house. This has been the largest and most successful shooting clinic in the nation for women for the past 12 years. The only reason we have been so successful is due to members who have so graciously donated their time and expertise in ensuring the lady shooters have a fantastic day. It is a great way to get your work day in while knowing you are part of educating and informing women in safe shooting practices! PLUS you get a FREE t-shirt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Safe Shooting!
Suzi Rouse, President

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
Thanks Michael. I wish I would have received an announcement. I would have posted an announcement here. I apologize to everyone for not notifying everyone of this event. This is a big deal.

Thanks for helping Kurt

Prdator

Keepers Concealment
This will be my third year working the handgun line, Its an Absolute blast!!!! hope to see some of you guys out there.

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
I can donate a Ruger MKIII and my AR15 for this.

The Ruger is bone stock except for a dot sight, but my AR has a lightened trigger in it.
I have the parts to put it back to a stock gritty shitty trigger. Would I need to do that? I'm thinking with new shooters it might not be a great idea to give them a gun with a light trigger.

Prdator

Keepers Concealment
Guys if you want to donate a gun you'll need to bring it out to the club around 7:30 am next sat. and give them to who ever is running that range. then you'll need to be back out there to pick them up. that evening.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Man who hasn't dreamed of a double team by kurt and jesse!
Thanks amigo. Suzie only mentioned shotguns to me, or I would have got Stag involved. Next year we can double team them. I will let you know well in advance

This would be an easy sell to get some rifles from Stag.

I'm not saying I didn't get an email about this but I am dissapointed that this is the first I am hearing about this.

Did the club send out an announcement?

Seriously!?!? I get all kinds of work day emails except for the one about chicks and guns.

drmitchgibson

The white Morgan Freeman
Guys if you want to donate a gun you'll need to bring it out to the club around 7:30 am next sat. and give them to who ever is running that range. then you'll need to be back out there to pick them up. that evening.

Which range? I haven't got a reply back from the president yet.

I do too but I did not get this one. I also didn't see an announcement about the event itself (not the workday)

I didn't get an email about it either. I wish the club had a better comm structure than just updating the website calendar.

dennishoddy

Kurt, thanks for putting this on. How many bays, and how much time does the shooter have to handle each weapon?

We have a similar program at Ponca called Women on Target that I volunteer guns and time to.
I'll be busy at the sectional, but have a couple of .22's if somebody can get them from Ponca to there, and back to me.

KurtM

Well-Known Fanatic
Denis I am not putting this on. OKC Gun club is. All I did was get Benelli to step up to be the main sponsor, and be one of the instructors.

Latest posts