12g Dummy/Practice Rounds

Chuck D1

Fanatic
There are more than a few companies that sell 12g practice/dummy rounds.

Which brand/manufacturer do you suggest? Obviously I want to pick up a dozen or so to work on my painfully slow shotgun loading technique so the practice rounds would need be of the correct length and weight (or awful close to it).

Thanks for the advice.

Glock_21

Well-Known Fanatic
I ordered a box from Brownell's. Use the link here on Boomer Shooter and it helps the site out.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
I use regular shells. I just make sure I'm always pointed towards something I can't kill and make damn sure my safety is always on and never cycle any through the chamber.

Problem with dummy shells is they were out fast. By wear out I mean the hulls and crimps get dinged and scuffed after a week or two and they gradually load slower and slower.

59nolimit

Well-Known Fanatic
I used homemade dummies a guy here makes. He is one of the few who loads his own shotgun shells. He makes em weigh and feel like live rounds. Then you can practice match saver and bolt lock reloads safely to.

zghorner

Well-Known Fanatic
I made my own with a cheap lee reloader and substituted corn meal for powder. They are identical to regular shells in weight and feel. If you are a DIYer then ask around and I bet you could gather up what little you need to make some.

Chuck D1

Fanatic
Guess I have to find someone to make a few for me....adequately compensate them for their efforts of course.

poopgiggle

B Class Nobody
I use these.

They are cheap and hard to load. The rims also get chewed up pretty fast and don't cycle through the gun well after a while. But they're cheap.

Latest posts