100 Rd Burn Down 2013 @ Heartland June 30th

David E

Well-Known Fanatic
You need to pick a division you're shooting first and shoot that gun first for all stages.

IE; shoot hicap first on Stage One, swap guns and shoot lo-cap (or whatever) on Stage One.

Swap guns again so you're shooting hicap first on Stage Two, etc.

I don't stipulate this for the regular matches, but this one has trophies. If you get edged out by someone who shot his "warmups" before shooting for score, you wouldn't be happy about it. Especially if he screwed up any or all of his practice runs and then didn't repeat those mistakes when it counted for score.

Jer Fry

Well-Known Fanatic
David E said:
You need to pick a division you're shooting first and shoot that gun first for all stages.

IE; shoot hicap first on Stage One, swap guns and shoot lo-cap (or whatever) on Stage One.

Swap guns again so you're shooting hicap first on Stage Two, etc.

I don't stipulate this for the regular matches, but this one has trophies. If you get edged out by someone who shot his "warmups" before shooting for score, you wouldn't be happy about it. Especially if he screwed up any or all of his practice runs and then didn't repeat those mistakes when it counted for score.
hmmmm.... to shoot the familiar more accurate gun in lo-cap or shoot the baby Glock in the less popular sub category for the one that counts? This is going to require strategery!

Jeff T.

Well-Known Fanatic
I'm in for Sub compact. Glock 27.
I'm in for a S&W 15-22 for rifle.

I vote for the 4" S& W .44,
I think that It's the only .44 I have ever shot, and would like a chance to redeem myself from the one shot I fired with it the first time.

David E

Well-Known Fanatic
Here's what I'm going to do with rifle:

IF I get enough participants, there will be rifle specific targets. This means the stages will be different from the pistol stages.

IF YOU'RE SHOOTING RIFLE AS A SECOND GUN, YOU ARE STILL ELIGIBLE TO WIN THE RIFLE DIVISION.

IE; it's possible to win TWO trophies!

But I gotta have AT LEAST TEN RIFLE SHOOTERS for me to design and make rifle specific targets and stages.

If there are less than ten in the rifle division, then the stages will be nearly if not exactly the same as the pistol stages, and the previous "shoot the division first that matters to you most" stipulation holds.

While its more work on my part to provide rifle only challenges and targets, I think it's fun to do and this match is the perfect time to do it.

_I_ will shoot rifle, plus Jeff and Gamer, so we just need 7 more! Who else?

grayokc

Well-Known Fanatic
I'm all for the Ruger Blackhawk in .44, since I own one and have been shooting it for the last 20 years, sounds fun!

mikey80

Negative Approach
I will be there. I'm sure at least two others will attend along with me.

I would like to shoot a G23C in PDLL and a Beretta 96 in lo cap if I get the kinks worked out in the 96, but I'll shoot PDLL for sure.

My .22 Rifle is a Remington Sportmaster from 1960-something.

Can I bring my AR and compete? 5.56 or I could break out the 458 Socom?

I haven't done any CQB stuff with a rifle since I left the Army.

David E

Well-Known Fanatic
Center fire rifles are allowed IF:

1) They are pistol caliber. (9mm, .38/.357, 40, .44, .45)

2) They are suppressed. (Unsuppressed .223 & .308, etc are just too much concussion/blast)

David E

Well-Known Fanatic
I was asked if the rifle shooters would use both guns (rifle/pistol) for a stage or two.

NO.

The rifle division will shoot all stages with rifle only.

If there is enough interest shown, we can do a third "Tactical Two-Gun Championship" later in the year.

Latest posts