10 yr old girl weak hand SG reloading

shootingbuff

Well-Known Fanatic
She was a little camera shy knowing I was going to post the video here. Usually she is a camera hound and has a better stance. She can grab four but is far from consistent getting them in, but she will work on it :) and get there. I am in the hopes in a couple of yrs she will be playing with the grown ups. She is working on getting stronger and that is her idea. She wants to play bad.

benjamin-benjamin

snickerpuss
WHAT??? is she your daughter?? i thought it was just some youtube vid you found!!! also since you can shoot .22 at the heartland match you might think about bringing her, let me know and i can be sure to RO her and be sure it goes well..

shootingbuff

Well-Known Fanatic
Yep, at least that is what she says lol.

She will wait a couple of yrs to get stronger and acquire some skills. That stated if you are still ROing that would be great.

shootingbuff

Well-Known Fanatic
That's cool she interested ins shooting!!! I wish I could get my daughter to play the game.

Matter of fact my daughter has been helping reload for a while as well. She put 30 of those dummy shells together today.; I have got a lot of folks to play by just getting them out. I still find the most fun I have is plinking and reactionary targets. Start close to build confidence which also makes it fun and add as her skills progresses. It's got to be fun though. I learned this by pushing my boys to hard.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
That's awesome! If she stays interested there are HUGE opportunities for female shooters in this sport. Starting at her age and having your knowledge of the sport coaching her she could be great. Thanks for sharing!

shootingbuff

Well-Known Fanatic
Usually I don't like hanging anything out there, but talking about the caddys and reflecting on the threads about SG loading is hard well 2 weeks ago she asked if she could try. I haded her two shells (dummies) and she put them right in. I had her gear up with a 6 banger and had her do 2 runs loading 2 at a time. They were better than what are in these videos. I told her then to try 3 at a time and she did. I had her do a couple more runs with three and last weekend she had 5-7 runs. She can grab four , but still has to work it. I figure starting off with her hand size and doing three with basically no coaching, well I am truly amazed. How hard can it be? lol

Once she gets strong enough to maneuver the shotgun I will have to get a shotgun for her that fits. In the mean time I hope her speed increases as it should with practice and gaining strength, so when it comes time to shoot all she has to worry about is the shooting and not reloading. Did you see the practice mags on the cluttered shelf? Yep lol

So if any thinks this is dangerous note the bbl is not installed and those rounds are dummies with no powder of primer which she mostly made up herself. I de-primed and resized and she inserted the wad, dropped the shot, pre-crimped, crimped , and inspected. She has loaded on the 550 as well from start to finish.

I would find it great for her to do well in competition, mostly I want her to enjoy shooting and be able to protect herself or her family if she ever had to.

shootingbuff

Well-Known Fanatic
This is an awesome post! Congratulations. Coolest thing ever.

Thanks,
I truly find it amazing how easy she picked up the mechanics of weak hand loading. She can only get better if she sticks with it. Guess I have to see now if she can pick up loading the chamber from an unloaded start or an aw shucks state of readiness.

shootingbuff

Well-Known Fanatic
Thanks,​

She had grabbed four by mistake on Sat and stopped and said oh I missed up. I asked why and she stated I grabbed four. I started laughing and stated that was good, but she has to get them in the shotgun. So, yesterday she wanted to practice (nag-nag-nag lol). I had do a couple of runs with 2 then three shells and she wanted to try four. Go for it and she did. Slower getting that first one in but she did. A couple of trys later I took the video. Stil slow but if she has the dexterity to handle four shells - well by golly that is what she is going to do. I will still have her warm up with 2 then 3 then 4. I think right now anything less woulkd be holding her back. Since she has had like @ 20 runs or less I am in high hopes. ​
She loves the comments and that is driving her a bit I think now as well. I had her hold the 24 " Nova complete and it was a bit hvy. Think I will go to the 18.5" bbl and see hoew she does with it the next time she wants to practice and see how she does with the wt. She has already challanged her youngest older brother to a push up contest when he comes home on leave. lol so she is driving herself to get stronger. ​

Latest posts