‘It was very difficult’: Electric vehicle owner took 15 hours to drive 178 miles

CECannonJr

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
How about this:

Dubai Unveils The First Flying Car, Goes On First Test Drive

View attachment 28811
Jetsons are about to be real?

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic
Now they want to cut your balls off as a child and call it inclusion. Change your sex and identity, so you really don't have one. Just be part of the herd. On that note: It seems that this forum is the only one that has a pair.
Right.

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic
Yep Bob, I also use Facts, Figures, Statistics, Research, History and a gut feeling for the Truth. One thing about getting old, we can say been there done that.
I also figured out the biggest lie. " Naw, I won't buy any more gun's honey. Neighbor just left with $500 in his pocket and left me his grandpas rifle. Now what am I going to tell her?
You could always say...."It followed me home. Can I keep it????" :) That is a beautiful Savage. What caliber is it?

Gunflint1

Well-Known Fanatic
You could always say...."It followed me home. Can I keep it????" :) That is a beautiful Savage. What caliber is it?
It turns out to be a 1924 30-30 with a 26" heavy barrel. I actually told the wife the truth. The guy needed money. It kind of worked. By the way??

Attachments

• PART_1666540715564_123_2.jpeg
    PART_1666540715564_123_2.jpeg
    674.9 KB · Views: 3

rmc51

Well-Known Fanatic
It was a Nissan Leaf, designed for a commuter to drive back and forth to work with a max of about 20 or so miles each way. He overextended it's capabilities like some dumbass and complains about it.
Batteries are just not there yet for me to get one, and a recent report said that if the US were to follow brain dead bidens wishes and just went out and bought an electric car, the electrical grid would collapse.
Commiefornika can't sustain their grid currently with the commie governor asking people to not charge their vehicles effectively forcing them to stay home.
In Florida with the current hurricane damage, people with electric cars cannot get a charge at all with the grid barely back on line and charging stations destroyed.
Not only that, but there is a news report of some guy with a Tesla that he can't drive because the battery needs replaced, so Tesla locked up his vehicle so he can't drive it until he pays $28,000 to get a replacement battery. Half the price of a new vehicle.
And I do not believe that the batteries will ever get to the point that, you will be able to run across the country. This electric car BS will never work out. Show me an idea that the Left has come up with that has worked. 1666541714758.gif

1666541601916.gif

Gunflint1

Well-Known Fanatic
And I do not believe that the batteries will ever get to the point that, you will be able to run across the country. This electric car BS will never work out. Show me an idea that the Left has come up with that has worked. View attachment 28816

View attachment 28815
The Government has an Agenda. Whether it works or not, they're going to try shoving it down our throats. The Left has little time to do that. Just like the Clot Shot.

rmc51

Well-Known Fanatic
The Government has an Agenda. Whether it works or not, they're going to try shoving it down our throats. The Left has little time to do that. Just like the Clot Shot.
Time will tell, who gets what shoved down who's throats or up the other end. 1666542923270.gif
There has never been a Government in the history of this planet that has survived to long when they do not listen to the people and I believe that we are at that point in this country, now. We will see what happens this Nov.

Standing by,
1666543217587.gif

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic
It turns out to be a 1924 30-30 with a 26" heavy barrel. I actually told the wife the truth. The guy needed money. It kind of worked. By the way??
I've only seen )NE Savage 99 in 30-30. It was at a gun show years ago. The guy wanted $300.00 for it, and said it was his wife's gun and that they were getting divorced. No thank's, I have no desire to get involved with that mess! You bought a beautiful piece of history there sir. I'm happy for you, but jealous of you at the same time.

I hope you get to enjoy it soon.

dennishoddy

And I do not believe that the batteries will ever get to the point that, you will be able to run across the country. This electric car BS will never work out. Show me an idea that the Left has come up with that has worked. View attachment 28816

View attachment 28815
Wife and I travel around the country in our RV 7 months out of the year.
If one stays on the interstate highways you can get across the country in an EV. There are charging stations at some hotels, and around truck stops. It's kind of a cash cow for the truck stops as the EV's take 30-45 minutes to recharge so they go into the truck stops or restaurants to eat or get something to drink.
But, if you have to do that every 150-200 miles, it's gonna take a long time to get anywhere.

Gunflint1

Well-Known Fanatic
I've only seen )NE Savage 99 in 30-30. It was at a gun show years ago. The guy wanted $300.00 for it, and said it was his wife's gun and that they were getting divorced. No thank's, I have no desire to get involved with that mess! You bought a beautiful piece of history there sir. I'm happy for you, but jealous of you at the same time.

I hope you get to enjoy it soon.
Cleaned it this evening, will try it tomorrow.

dennishoddy

I have a bunch of those accelerators in 30-06 both loaded and with reloading components.
They aren't the most accurate round out there especially at longer distances as the twist isn't friendly to those short, light bullets but man they are fast.
I've hit a coyote out there with a 55 grain hollow point at a couple hundred yards. The amount of fur that it blew off the back side was amazing to watch.

Gunflint1

Well-Known Fanatic
I have a bunch of those accelerators in 30-06 both loaded and with reloading components.
They aren't the most accurate round out there especially at longer distances as the twist isn't friendly to those short, light bullets but man they are fast.
I've hit a coyote out there with a 55 grain hollow point at a couple hundred yards. The amount of fur that it blew off the back side was amazing to watch.
I have found the 30-30 seems to be a little more accurate up to 250yd and works well on coyotes. I shoot the 30-30 out of a Remington 788 and the 06 out of a 1958 Winchester 70 featherweight. Neither are bench type accurate, but you really do not have to be MOA with these rounds. Your right about this ammunition; they totally devastate whatever they hit. They are not boring cartridges. One more thing, I tried them out of a newly purchased 1924 Savage 99 30-30 with a 26" barrel. ..Not good results.

Last edited:

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic
I have found the 30-30 seems to be a little more accurate up to 250yd and works well on coyotes. I shoot the 30-30 out of a Remington 788 and the 06 out of a 1958 Winchester 70 featherweight. Neither are bench type accurate, but you really do not have to be MOA with these rounds. Your right about this ammunition; they totally devastate whatever they hit. They are not boring cartridges. One more thing, I tried them out of a newly purchased 1924 Savage 99 30-30 with a 26" barrel. ..Not good results.
I'm sorry that the accelerator ammo didn't work so well in the Savage. What was the outcome? I've never tried these. Does it work ok with standard 150, 170gr ammo? I hope you are alright.

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic
How about this:

Dubai Unveils The First Flying Car, Goes On First Test Drive

View attachment 28811
It looks like a drone.

Gunflint1

Well-Known Fanatic
I have found the 30-30 seems to be a little more accurate up to 250yd and works well on coyotes. I shoot the 30-30 out of a Remington 788 and the 06 out of a 1958 Winchester 70 featherweight. Neither are bench type accurate, but you really do not have to be MOA with these rounds. Your right about this ammunition; they totally devastate whatever they hit. They are not boring cartridges.

I'm sorry that the accelerator ammo didn't work so well in the Savage. What was the outcome? I've never tried these. Does it work ok with standard 150, 170gr ammo? I hope you are alright.
These are only 55gr lead, never mixed them up. Because of the point can't be used in a stacked magazine such as a lever action. I also have a cheap Savage/Springfield 840 with an 18" barrel, and they work OK with it. But the 788 with a 22" barrel works great. The Savage 99 I picked up from the neighbor has a 26" non tapered barrel. Maybe the plastic sabot didn't like the turns/rifling? At 100yds consistently shot 3" 9'oclock 2" spread. Can't figure that out. At 100yd the 788 is consistent at 1"+-. They really are fun to shoot. Picked up two boxes at the last gun show for $50.00.

dennishoddy

I have a 30-30 as well. I'm pretty sure the reloading components I have for the 30-06 would work just fine in that caliber.

Gunflint1

Well-Known Fanatic
I have a 30-30 as well. I'm pretty sure the reloading components I have for the 30-06 would work just fine in that caliber.
Great, you will have a great time time with the 30-30. . I still have about 3 boxes of the 06 and 4 of the 30-30. I use them sparingly. Let us know how they turn out.

dennishoddy

Great, you will have a great time time with the 30-30. . I still have about 3 boxes of the 06 and 4 of the 30-30. I use them sparingly. Let us know how they turn out.
Will do. I'm just getting started reloading for the 30-30 after finally acquiring the components.
I'm really wondering if the heaver .223 bullets might be more accurate. Certainly won't be as fast but i prefer accuracy so I might load some different weights up and see what happens.

Latest posts