Xdm sight removal

jspeligene

Well-Known Fanatic
Anybody got a tool for removing these ugly ass sights without damaging the finish on the gun? It's getting a red dot

Attachments

• 5C596DC5-D3EB-4612-A15A-2E38A8DB39AD.jpeg
    5C596DC5-D3EB-4612-A15A-2E38A8DB39AD.jpeg
    153.1 KB · Views: 6

dennishoddy

Anybody got a tool for removing these ugly ass sights without damaging the finish on the gun? It's getting a red dot

I've got the tools which are just aluminum punches. One with a nylon insert and the other just a square aluminum punch with a little groove in it that someone could do with a file.
I was in OKC today and could have brought them if this were earlier.
Both are probably made from 6061 or 6063 aluminum which is pretty hard for that material. My tools are 1/4" square stock. Check around the metal yards in OKC and see if they can help you. The stuff at the big box stores is likely 5052 that is really soft.

jspeligene

Well-Known Fanatic
Thanks Dennis. I can come up with the harder aluminum. Is a block of polyethylene satisfactory to back up the slide? I just didn't want to mar the finish on a brand new gun

dennishoddy

Thanks Dennis. I can come up with the harder aluminum. Is a block of polyethylene satisfactory to back up the slide? I just didn't want to mar the finish on a brand new gun
I"m sure that would be fine. I have a block of wood to support the slide when I'm driving them out.

Latest posts