XDM or M&P in 9mm

Dux-R-Us

Fear the Duck
Today at the gunshop I handled both XDM and M&P in 9mm. Both had the replaceable backstraps.

I really liked the M&P and loved the XDm. The latter fit my small hands better. I think my sweetie could shoot it [XDm] easily as well.

If I get the XDm, I'd be buying it for shooting USPSA, and to keep at bed side on my sweetie's side.

The XD is a bit more expensive, but it also comes with the holster, magazine holders, and really nice box. The triggers felt equally good in both pistols.

I bring this up cuz in the other thread no-one mentioned the XD as another choice for the M&P and Glock.

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
They're both really good guns. I've shot both and prefer the M&P myself. The XD has a higher bore so the recoil is felt a little more.
Really it comes down to a personal preference. Shoot both before you buy to help you decide.

benjamin-benjamin

snickerpuss
i have a 5.25 XDM for 3gun and heartland match. 5 in pro .40 M and P for limited. You can't go wrong with either gun, (for me) the 5.25 is more accurate and i really love it, the only thing it costs alot more to get any mods done on it... buy what you like...

twss

Well-Known Fanatic
I prefer the M&P. The bore axis is one reason stated previously but the grip seems a bit odd to me. The part that contacts the web of your hand seems a bit to thin. They do have different backstrap inserts but they only make the rest of the grip larger not the part that contacts the web. Both are good and I have owned both. I did sell the xdm to get an M&P, and then sold the M&P to get a Glock. Find the one you like best and don't look back.

shootingbuff

Well-Known Fanatic
I bring this up cuz in the other thread no-one mentioned the XD as another choice for the M&P and Glock.

I bring up the XD as an option. They are more popular in W TX and NE NM then here by far. They run and it is the shooter that loses the match more often than the platform. All common add on shoot better go fast goodies are out as well as damn good trigger jobs. If no one local can do it and you don't want to there are a couple of good places and Canyon Creek is what I would recommend from many friends using them. If you decide to go with the XD there is a XD forum and I have the link on my page which I can get for you or you can do an easy search for it and you should have all your XD questions answered there.

As been suggested if possible try before you buy and i suggest try everything you can to get a better position to make an informed choice.

Best of luck with your choice and purchase.

xdnok

Well-Known Fanatic
Have owned an M&P 9Pro, XDM 5.25 and a GLock 34 but the 5.25 found a permanent spot in the safe these days. The 5.25 fits my hands very well (big hands) the GLock was good just no personality and the M&P always felt small in my hands but I thought it was the most accurate and the girlfriend said it was the best for her. All the guns need a little a little help but the XDm is a good choice just don't expect much out the the holster that comes in the box

Wes

Latest posts