Women Want One Thing.

Mike A1

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Them old example of a couple who come into a gun store & the guy says let me see a .357 magnum, & show my wife a .22.
Well buddy it's not you that has to worry about getting raped & killed as much as your wife does. So why not you get the .22
& get your Wife a .357 mag. or 45acp for her to protect herself. Just common sense my Wife pack a .357 mag with Federal 125 JHP @ 1400 fps. :eek:

CECannonJr

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Them old example of a couple who come into a gun store & the guy says let me see a .357 magnum, & show my wife a .22.
Well buddy it's not you that has to worry about getting raped & killed as much as your wife does. So why not you get the .22
& get your Wife a .357 mag. or 45acp for her to protect herself. Just common sense my Wife pack a .357 mag with Federal 125 JHP @ 1400 fps. :eek:

Things have become so chaotic, people that used to feel comfortable are seeing a need to have a means to defend themselves.

Mike A1

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
We had a young couple move in next door, I learned they both wanted to get Their CCW & a gun to protect themselves.

I offered to provide Guns and Ammo to train them both for their CCW courses. As an RSO I can take them to the short ranges & get them both ready.
Every time I can put a well trained Armed American Citizen back into a dangerous world, It gives me a Peaceful easy feeling.

Find someone you can train, we need the patriots.

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic

Bless you and your wife! I pity the fool who tries anything bad with your wife. To use a phrase from Scar Face.....say hello to my little friend!

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic
We had a young couple move in next door, I learned they both wanted to get Their CCW & a gun to protect themselves.

I offered to provide Guns and Ammo to train them both for their CCW courses. As an RSO I can take them to the short ranges & get them both ready.
Every time I can put a well trained Armed American Citizen back into a dangerous world, It gives me a Peaceful easy feeling.

Great job sir.

Blueliner

Fanatic

Hello,

Good point. My wife and I recently hosted a CC class for family members at our place (we have a backyard range). We did some training with them in advance of the class....All were first time permit holders. Now we have a request to host a second class!

BL

Roszhou

Well-Known Fanatic
One thing REALLY bothers me with these brand new/never bought a gun before, gun buyers! Was at my gun store, an older woman was buying a .38 revolver. I was standing near her. As she's paying for it, she says: "how do you open this thing to put the bullets in it??" THAT really worried me! Pray she doesn't HURT herself! Or, anyone else!!

CECannonJr

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
One thing REALLY bothers me with these brand new/never bought a gun before, gun buyers! Was at my gun store, an older woman was buying a .38 revolver. I was standing near her. As she's paying for it, she says: "how do you open this thing to put the bullets in it??" THAT really worried me! Pray she doesn't HURT herself! Or, anyone else!!
That's a good point. I've heard similar things. What makes them think they will be able to use the weapon in a situation where it becomes necessary? Let's hope she enrolled in training!

Mike A1

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family

My Mother was under my Fathers protection. So why learn to use a revolver?
Later in life she wanted a revolver so I got her a 38 spl with case & manual.

Of course I wanted to show her how it worked. She just said give me the Manual.
I watched her open it check the cylinder, close it & dry fire.

You know the look you get when something unexpected happens? Well she just said.

What? I was driving my new Car around when you were still pooping you pants boy :eek:
I got that car from my Brother & sat there reading the manual until I was ready to drive it.
Then I asked your Uncle if he would show me how to drive my car.

So now that I know which end is up, just maybe you would be so kind to show me the right way to shoot it.

My only point is be carful not to judge those new gun owners asking for information, some old ladies
may just have been a US Army wife & Professional teachers for a very long time.

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic
My Mother was under my Fathers protection. So why learn to use a revolver?
Later in life she wanted a revolver so I got her a 38 spl with case & manual.

Of course I wanted to show her how it worked. She just said give me the Manual.
I watched her open it check the cylinder, close it & dry fire.

You know the look you get when something unexpected happens? Well she just said.

What? I was driving my new Car around when you were still pooping you pants boy :eek:
I got that car from my Brother & sat there reading the manual until I was ready to drive it.
Then I asked your Uncle if he would show me how to drive my car.

So now that I know which end is up, just maybe you would be so kind to show me the right way to shoot it.

My only point is be carful not to judge those new gun owners asking for information, some old ladies
may just have been a US Army wife & Professional teachers for a very long time.
Great memory! Thank you very much for sharing it with us. Again the only foolish question is the one you never ask. Never judge a book by It's cover either. I've spent a bunch of time on both sides of the gun counter and I always loved it when folks asked questions. I really loved it when they returned and made a purchase. I truly hope someone takes this lady under their wing and gives her the help she needs. WE as gun owners should never look down on those who are just learning. Stay safe all, and may God Bless and Keep us all in His care. He is truly our only hope.

CECannonJr

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Great memory! Thank you very much for sharing it with us. Again the only foolish question is the one you never ask. Never judge a book by It's cover either. I've spent a bunch of time on both sides of the gun counter and I always loved it when folks asked questions. I really loved it when they returned and made a purchase. I truly hope someone takes this lady under their wing and gives her the help she needs. WE as gun owners should never look down on those who are just learning. Stay safe all, and may God Bless and Keep us all in His care. He is truly our only hope.
Great post Bob.

Latest posts