Who can tell me about the US Carbine 2 gun match?

runawaygun762

Well-Known Fanatic
I see registration is open for the 2015 match, and I need to figure out which matches to beg the wife for. For those of you who have shot this, is it any good? What kind of stages, distances, and specific characteristics does this match have?

Tuflehundon

Cyrwus Says I'm Cool
Are you refering to the US Carbine Assoc match in FL? last year it was held a Volusia Gun range. They have several shorter range bays that are 25 to 50 yards. They have 1 shoot house bay, and 1 longer range bay that goes out to 300. Haven't been there in a coupe of months, but they had steel at 100, 200, and 300 at that stage. Interesting match. I think Jesse won the Mil / LEO division there last year. I shoot with the guys that started USCA.

Tuflehundon

Cyrwus Says I'm Cool
I have been to a few USCA matches. We have 3 ranges near me that host them. It all started here in FL. Jesse did go to the big match last year, he'd be the one to talk to about that one.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
I shot nationals last year and got lucky they threw out the long range stage and won high overall. It's fun. Kinda Idpa like in scoring and a few other things but it's the closest thing we have to a real rifle match.

Where did you see registration is open at?

jtischauser

Armalite makes sense. Tommy Thacker is Armalite president and a big part of the peacemaker range. Good fit for a rifle company that's on the rise.

I wish they would have choosen summer months. May is already the 3-gun busy season.

runawaygun762

Well-Known Fanatic
I really need to figure out which matches to whine about. I'd like to do one or two of the shotgun-only matches because I suck at shotgun, but I'd also like to do a match like this with just rifle and pistol because I suck at shotgun.

runawaygun762

Well-Known Fanatic
Yup. I'm hoping to get into one of the Remington shotgun series or the Nordic match in MN. I'm definitely planning to shoot the Generation 3 Gun if it's taking place. Shooting a match or three that plays to what I'm better at will be good also, because picking up a 100 dollar Montana Gold gift certificate at a prize table for the Area 3 multigun match showed me how much cheaper life can be if I can place well enough to get something. I can't even imagine how it is going to feel the first time I win a case of ammo or, since I'm dreaming, a gun. That must be a great feeling.

MG23

Well-Known Fanatic
I am up in the air on the 2 gun Match. It may fall into one of the time periods we are not allowed to have any time off at work due to detail. I have to wait for the email with our no time off periods to come out on Dec 15. I am also hoping to shoot the last Remington Versa Max Match in November. I love shooting the shotgun, not very quick, but it can only help me get better.

jtischauser

David Marlow said:
Yup. I'm hoping to get into one of the Remington shotgun series or the Nordic match in MN. I'm definitely planning to shoot the Generation 3 Gun if it's taking place. Shooting a match or three that plays to what I'm better at will be good also, because picking up a 100 dollar Montana Gold gift certificate at a prize table for the Area 3 multigun match showed me how much cheaper life can be if I can place well enough to get something. I can't even imagine how it is going to feel the first time I win a case of ammo or, since I'm dreaming, a gun. That must be a great feeling.
I love winning guns! It's still amazing to me how much companies support this sport's prize tables. Hopefully someday we have enough support to have a true "pro" series with 50 top guys making a living shooting 3-gun.

With that said if you want to win guns you gotta shoot 3-gun. Shotgun and pistol matches ususlly only have a handful of guns to be won.

jtischauser

Tuflehundon said:
Was planning to go to that match, but since it's in WV now, I'm out. To many good matched that I would rather travel to.
I was bummed when I heard it wasn't going to be in FL. That was a week long vacation with shooting mixed in. I really don't enjoy the long drive from DC to WV for peacemaker matches and there isn't much to do in the area of the match either.

Tuflehundon

Cyrwus Says I'm Cool
Volusia (were the match was last year) is 30 minutes from my In Laws place. I would get credit for spending time with the In laws and get to shoot most of the time. I'm sure it will be a great match, but I only get to do 1 or 2 out of town matches a year. Gotta be picky.

runawaygun762

Well-Known Fanatic
I'm in the same boat about having to select which away games I want to play. The S&W Steel Nationals, while not as enticing as the 3 gun match that's being put on by Tooth and Nail Armory that weekend, gets me brownie points for a family vacation. My problem is I've only shot five 3 gun matches ever, and the available venues are a bit overwhelming.

Latest posts