Which rule set is Pinto using for Heavy Metal?

technetium-99m

Mighty Righty
Pinto, my man.

Which rule set are you using for HM?

I got a 308 autoloader, will get a Nova, wondering about pistola.

Assuming irons/dot only on the rifle right?

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
I just bought a Nova, again. I'm gonna have Trapr pimp my gun. I'd like to shoot HM once whicha. If you share your .308 I'll share my nova:)

technetium-99m

Mighty Righty
It's a plan man. Just have to send the upper out for shortening and lightening cause it's a heavy SOB right now.

Pistol 45 only, or can we shoot 40's loaded to higher PF or what?

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
I remember awhile back telling someone HM was a .45 single stack. Pinto said something along the lines of it didn't have to be single stack. I don't remember him saying anything about .40 being ok. Sorry, it's the best I can remember. But I also remember him saying we're not really running a HM div. although some people have been using those guns. If he had enough peeps, maybe he'd go ahead and make a div. for HM at OKCGC matches. :D.

Again, this is a vague recollection, I could be way off base.

jtischauser

If its just you and me ill let you shoot .40 if you let me! I only have a .40 SS. If I gotta go .45 it gonna be my wheel gun.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
If its just you and me ill let you shoot .40 if you let me! I only have a .40 SS. If I gotta go .45 it gonna be my wheel gun.
Greg Goode was shooting a .308, a pump gun & I believe the only thing he was missing was the .45. He may want to play with you guys too.

KurtM

Well-Known Fanatic
Our rules are it has to be a .45 and it has to be 10 rounds in the mag. It can be an STI, Glock Single Stack etc, but 10 rounds and .45

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Our rules are it has to be a .45 and it has to be 10 rounds in the mag. It can be an STI, Glock Single Stack etc, but 10 rounds and .45
This is what I thought I'd remembered, .45 but doesn't have to be SS. How about shotgun, pump only right?

technetium-99m

Mighty Righty

Gotcha, rifle sighting setup is same as the non magnified divisions right?

PF for the handgun ammo closer to 230gr ball than 165?

bigbrowndog

Red Neck Tactical
The only match that semi actively uses a PF is SMM3G, and its 360 for rifle and 165 for pistol. Everyone else just says 308, 45, 12ga pump.

Jesse, you need to tell me that you want your SG, RNT'd, Red Neck Tactified!!! otherwise I don't know to bring my rasp, chainsaw, and sledge hammer. I'll be there for the class, we can do it over in the possum cave, over libations.

Do you want the full possum treatment, 1/2 possum treatment, or the road kill treatment (bits and pieces)?????

trapr

jtischauser

Full possum for my Nelly please. If I'm going Heavy I want it really HEAVY! In no rush you can take it back to your place and work on it leisurely. Unless GT is looking to break it in ASAP.

technetium-99m

Mighty Righty
I'm shooting Tactical, or whatever the magnified division is called this month, cause I'll have my new Trijicon in!

Also, I'm trying to put this in a kind, not bitchy way... Why the definition of caliber and not PF?

All my 308 loads are at least 400 PF or above, 360 seems anemic for 308, and 165 PF 45 is pretty tame, maybe there's some history I'm missing?

bigbrowndog

Red Neck Tactical
360pf takes into consideration 16" barreled rifles, shooting standard 147gr ball at 2500fps, which is about what is normal for velocity loss from 20"-22" guns getting 2600-2750. USPSA recognizes 320pf as major, which allows anemic rounds to "MAKE" major and you wind up with the .300 AMU, 7.62x39, 300 whisper or folks trying to get Grendels to make major, none of these rounds are legal in HM, but they get used in USPSA matches to gain major points over minor. If the old major PF of 360 was still recognized they wouldn't stand a chance of making major.

165pf was current standard Major PF for pistol, so they went with it.

going with caliber makes it easier to keep the match moving smoothly, rather than chronoing everyone, that takes a bunch of time, and at least with rifle if you slow your velocity way down to ease the pf then you lose a lot in trajectory, so most shooters do not anyway.

Or we could just say that all HM shooters are soooooo honest it was a waste of time checking everyone when they all were well over the minimum limits, :lol:

trapr

Latest posts