Which 1-8 scope

Karsten Andreasen

Active Fanatic
Hi guys

I´m out to get a new scope.

Not getting any younger and the same with the eyes. I have now a 1-4 scope.

Minimum I want a 1-6 but probably prefer a 1-8 First Focal Plane.

What do you Guys shoot with??

drmitchgibson

The white Morgan Freeman
I use a Vortex Viper PST 1-4x. No complaints.

I tried out a Leupold Mark 8 last October that was pretty badass. The FFP aspect seemed very odd relative to the kind of shooting I do, but with it on 1.1x it was very easy to use for up close hosing and mid-range shots, and the Firedot made it into a sort of hybrid red dot. Very cool, but took some getting used to. The exposed locking turrets were neat, but who uses that kind of thing for high-speed, low-drag??? I think highly of it, but they are way, way out of my price range.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
I haven't seen a 1-8 with a reticle that's better then the Swarovski Z6i 1-6 BRT or the vortex Razor HD II JM Reticle

Karsten Andreasen

Active Fanatic
I am pretty sure i want to get a FFP

I have been looking at this scope... IOR 1.5-8 x 26 35 mm FFP tactical Trident

Pros and Cons?

Squid

Well-Known Fanatic
I assume that you want FFP so that you can "range" from any power setting? Is that correct? FFP scopes aren't all they are cracked up to be in low magnification scopes.

Karsten Andreasen

Active Fanatic
Adam, Bushnell is FFP

Tony G. Yes, i have a low mag scope now, 1-4. I had issues this past weekend hitting the smaller targets on 400 Yards. Was thinking a more powerfull scope would help me some of the way.

Squid

Well-Known Fanatic
I'm all about more power! As long as the extra weight doesn't bother you. What kind of chooting are you doing? The problem with FFP is your reticle looks great at 8x and is barely distinguishable at 1x. I haven't look at this scope personally and my eyes aren't the same as yours but I would just suggest that you give a SFP scope a look too. And if you are headed down this road anyway why not do a 2.5x10 if you already have a fancy little red dot on the side why do you need to bottom out at 1x?