what to do with my pistol?

oceancoursecaddy

Active Fanatic
So I am going to my nephews graduation tomorrow at Parris Island. I know you cant take a firearm onto the base as a civilian. Does the base offer anywhere to store it? Can you leave it in the car and just risk it? Whats the best course to take here? Really dont want to drive down there without my pistol?

Tigerstripe

Well-Known Fanatic
dooooooooont ask them if they have a place for your gun! they do. can you say confiscate? if you ask they will look.

question, can HE have a gun on base?(hint) but just graduating he may not be allowed.

how about renting a room and leave it there.

leave it at the police station?

any other ideas?

John Canuck

Well-Known Fanatic
Rent a super compact car and find a safe spot to park it (like a Lowes or other high traffic store). Leave hardware in trunk. Retrieve later and return car. The smallest car should be about $20 plus tax and other fees. I suspect it will be cheaper than a roach motel but maybe not.

oceancoursecaddy

Active Fanatic
Well I left it at home. Really didnt want to but couldnt risk a vehicle search. If I had planned better there was a family car that was left off the base at a hotel that I could have stored it in. Our car was not searched but couldnt risk it. The gun store idea is a good one but no gun stores open at 8am that I know of. Funny part was at lunch after the ceremony at least 3 people in our group of 17 were complaining that they were unarmed. We should have planned better.

Rosea Carpa

Well-Known Fanatic
One of the down sides of some of us being so quiet about our views on guns and the fact that we carry even to good friends and family.

Latest posts