What is your idea of high Quality 1911?

ripnbst

Well-Known Fanatic
"For the money" its tough for me to argue with Springfield's Range Officer models. For me they strike a balance of everything you need(ok, want), nothing you don't. The only thing I would do to a Springfield RO is change out the Internal Locking Safety mainspring housing for one without that system and an integrated magwell, like one from NHC. That right there is my ideal 1911, "For the money".

Gunflint1

Well-Known Fanatic
"For the money" its tough for me to argue with Springfield's Range Officer models. For me they strike a balance of everything you need(ok, want), nothing you don't. The only thing I would do to a Springfield RO is change out the Internal Locking Safety mainspring housing for one without that system and an integrated magwell, like one from NHC. That right there is my ideal 1911, "For the money".
AGREED

rmc51

Well-Known Fanatic
I have two Wilsons that I managed to acquire pre owned. Great guns. Both five inchers. There's a lot of good 1911's out there. I still own one Kimber, has been a great gun also. Also a five inch Citadel, trigger could be better, but it's been reliable and accurate. Having those Wilsons has set the bar high for me.
I have two Wilsons that I managed to acquire pre owned. Great guns. Both five inchers. There's a lot of good 1911's out there. I still own one Kimber, has been a great gun also. Also a five inch Citadel, trigger could be better, but it's been reliable and accurate. Having those Wilsons has set the bar high for me.
Hard to beat WC, but others are trying! LB, Colt, Kimber, etc. do take a run at it.

Latest posts