What happened at Tulsa Firearms today?

twotonevert

Well-Known Fanatic
Went by on my home from work and there was an ambulance and 5 to 6 patrol cars in the parking lot. AD? Robbery? I hope everyone is ok.

dennishoddy

Damn, that's insane! Really!
Its a shame that a business has to put up with that.
In my opinion, a suicide should be out of the news. People see that they can rent a gun and just do it.
Notoriety spawns copy cats.

Browtine

Well-Known Fanatic
Same thing happened up here last month, but it was a murder suicide. I think it was at least the 4th time. I'm going to go out on s limb and guess that they rent handguns at their range?

Strokin04

Grits N Gravy
Same thing happened up here last month, but it was a murder suicide. I think it was at least the 4th time. I'm going to go out on s limb and guess that they rent handguns at their range?

I'm going to guess you did not read the article posted in post 2. Yes they rent guns.

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
Did anyone else read the comments that are being left on there??
Last I checked, you don't have to do any kind of a background at ANY gunrange across the country to rent a gun and use their range.
The gun hating people need to check out the national laws before they just start ranting and raving about how renting a gun without a background check is only legal in Oklahoma.

twotonevert

Well-Known Fanatic
Oh my, thank you for the post. I was afraid it would be something the media would use. He couldnt buy a gun so he rented one. I thought only members could rent guns? At least the guy waited until everyone else left the range.

Robusto

Well-Known Fanatic
At least the guy waited until everyone else left the range.

this was a selfish act. I doubt he thought about any one else when doing this. It is more likely he waited for the other patron to leave, so he could not be stopped.
This guy had no compassion of what it would to his family, friends or our small community.

twotonevert

Well-Known Fanatic
Agreed, but I take my sons there. And I am just thankful no else had to witness it. I certainly do not condone what he did, it was cowardace in my opinion. Why couldnt the guy just slit his wrists in his own bathtub in his own house?

Jefpainthorse

Fill in the Blank
The "law" in Oklahoma is 'bout the same as it is in every other State. You shall not sell handguns to folks who live in another State. Correct me if I'm in error, but I think that preclusion is driven by some Federal regulations.

The "Rental Gun Suicide" certainly is not the top of the list... but it happens. We had a woman come in the store (back in the late 70's... I worked part time in a hardware with gun sales)... asked a co-worker about all the revolvers we had. She got him to lay a SW on the counter...then asked him how to load it.

He laid a box of cartridges on the counter and showed her how. Then he took the cartridges and placed them back in the box. When he turned his attention away... she dropped one in the gun and did herself in.

I got to change the ceiling tile a couple of days later. We get the gun back after the SO did it's thing and sold it to another dealer.

Pstmstr

magnum snubby
The "law" in Oklahoma is 'bout the same as it is in every other State. You shall not sell handguns to folks who live in another State. Correct me if I'm in error, but I think that preclusion is driven by some Federal regulations.

The "Rental Gun Suicide" certainly is not the top of the list... but it happens. We had a woman come in the store (back in the late 70's... I worked part time in a hardware with gun sales)... asked a co-worker about all the revolvers we had. She got him to lay a SW on the counter...then asked him how to load it.

He laid a box of cartridges on the counter and showed her how. Then he took the cartridges and placed them back in the box. When he turned his attention away... she dropped one in the gun and did herself in.

I got to change the ceiling tile a couple of days later. We get the gun back after the SO did it's thing and sold it to another dealer.

Wow, she must have known which way the cylinder would turn or got multiple clicks before the bang with just one round. People who commit suicide don't realize how their loved ones have to deal with their own inability to handle their problems. An OKC area competitor killed himself last year, it's just too sad that someone didn't know in time to get him some help.

twotonevert

Well-Known Fanatic
Funny this thread popped back up today. Took the wife to the range to shoot her new Walther, and I kept looking around at the walls and ceiling tiles for blood. Couldnt see anything. And btw, they were busy as heck today.

Latest posts