What guns or gear did Santa bring you for Christmas

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
I think I just bought a new to me used G17. I think I'm gonna start carrying daily to see if I can put up with having extra stuff on me every day.
It's kinda awkward at first but you quickly get used to it.
The hardest thing to get used to is the limitation of things you can do.
For example, no more happy hours after work, No drinks with dinner when out on the town, that type of stuff.
It just takes more planning to be responsible.
When I've had anything to drink (even at home) I make sure everything, including my carry gun, is locked up in the safe.
I don't really like being unarmed, so it cuts down on the times I break out the alcohol.
It just decreases the opportunity to make a bad/impared descision.
Although, everybody has there own routines. Do what works best for you.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
It's kinda awkward at first but you quickly get used to it.
The hardest thing to get used to is the limitation of things you can do.
For example, no more happy hours after work, No drinks with dinner when out on the town, that type of stuff.
It just takes more planning to be responsible.
When I've had anything to drink (even at home) I make sure everything, including my carry gun, is locked up in the safe.
I don't really like being unarmed, so it cuts down on the times I break out the alcohol.
It just decreases the opportunity to make a bad/impared descision.
Although, everybody has there own routines. Do what works best for you.

You have just about talked me into selling ALL of my guns.

Keelty

Fanatic
I got a new stereo for the tahoe to listen while driving to matches! Now if I would just drag my self out of the house during this cold weather to shoot a few!

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
I got a new stereo for the tahoe to listen while driving to matches! Now if I would just drag my self out of the house during this cold weather to shoot a few!

I know right? I saw the forecast for this Sunday's 3 gun match and it ruined my entire month.

tacticalj

Well-Known Fanatic
xdat06.jpg

16gal55.jpg

14ki2iq.jpg

n4b5kw.jpg

Ok so I know what's coming next from ya, BUILD SHEET! Didn't you follow that build on OSA, same one.
Link to build for any that are interested.....6.5Grendel build

Ok what's in it....
18" Sabre defense SPR fluted barrel with matching bolt and Sabre Gill brake
PRI lo pro gas block, midlength gas tube
AA 6.5Grendel marked upper reciever
Bushmaster Bolt Carrier and charging handle
Hogue 12" tubular free float handguard
I used a CAA mount to install that Simmons 44mag 6-21X44 Mildot w/target turrets
Once all that was put together, I mounted it on my DPMS lower that I normally use for my tac team work.
It's simple, MOE stock, BAD lever, Magpul MOE triggerguard, and all factory DPMS inside. Trigger sucks for precision work, dang laws and policies of LEO.

All in all it's decent. I freed up a Vortex Viper 6.5-20X44 mildot that will go on it soon. I need a new mount. That CAA is too high for my taste. Need to drill and install the bipod on the handguard. Besides building a new lower, thats about it. So if anybody has any lowers either stripped or complete, I'm looking. Got get a better trigger as well. I think I have most everything else to put inside a stripped lower. Oh yeah, forgot about the Magpul PRS stock, gotta get one of those as well.
Anyways, there it is and I know you don't want to know what I have invested in this thing!
Thanks and sorry the pics suck buy I ain't no photographer, Jason

tacticalj

Well-Known Fanatic
So far I've only put a box of Hornady 123's through it, but when I was dialing in the scope, I put 8rds in about a 3/4" ragged hole and really wasn't trying very hard. I really think that once I get a dedicated lower on it with a good trigger, as mine is factory and feels like 20lbs, it will be a 1/2 moa gun. Or at least at 100yds. I need to find a place to stretch her legs! Plus I got 4 diferent handloads that I'm just waiting on the weather to get alittle nicer, or at least the snow off the ground. We'll see. I wish I'd taken a picture of the first target. I shot it right before we qualified the other day and all the pd guys were very impressed. Heck my shooting might get better after this class I got coming up for LEO "sniper" or designated marksman.

redneck1861

No, I didn't get arrested
I thought I already posted in this thread, but I guess I didn't. For Christmas I got a new DPMS AR-15 and a new WASR-10 AK-47, oh yeah I also got a new car

AKAR.jpg

Latest posts