What Are The Feelings Concerning A

SGW Gunsmith

Well-Known Fanatic
Rimfire specific forum? Many of us true "Boomers" (1946-1953) had our first smell of .22 rimfire fired gunpowder at an early age, and dang-it, if that isn't something that's harder to shake than the smell of the original Hoppe's #9 solvent.
My father was a WWII vet, 54 months serving in the Pacific, and he was influential in getting me started shooting DCMP .22 rimfire training rifles on the junior rifle team at the local armory.
All of our training in the disciplines of rifle shooting was coached by those who served in both theatres during WWII, so we learned from some of the BEST that there was, who were there and done that.
I'm just wondering as to how much interest there would be given if there were to be a "rimfire" dedicated arena, here, on "Boomer Shooter", so that we could all tell our stories about how we got our first rimfire firearm, what we're shooting these days, how to get one of those old "closet queens" back to shooting once again. I know, .22 rimfire ammunition is "unobtanium" at this specific point in time, but things will indeed turn around, so what are your feelings toward activating all of our past fond memories involved with that very first .22?

Dennis

Latest posts