What a surprise Christmas gift!!!

ButchA

Well-Known Fanatic
Yes, yes, yes... 100% Totally legal here in Virginia. The "gifting" of a firearm amongst immediate family members. My sister and I both double checked the laws. Anyway, my sister wanted to pass onto me my (late) brother-in-law's Bushmaster XM15-e2s (aka AR-15) rifle. Four 30 round mags, purchased around 2008 back when Obama first was coming onto the scene and my (late) brother-in-law sensed something terrible starting to happen to our country.... He went out and bought the Bushmaster and various rounds of .223 ammo.

It has only been fired... maybe 200 rounds, maybe 300.... I don't know. It is in immaculate condition, where you could literally take the Bushmaster and return it right to an FFL dealer and have it hung right back up on a rack somewhere, you know what I mean?

I am still stunned by the Christmas gift. My (late) brother-in-law, was a Vietnam Vet, and has seen all sorts of things not worth mentioning. Miraculously, he made it home alive back around 1970. Tragically, some 50 years later, he succumbed to cancer from Agent Orange exposure.

RIP, Jack... I will keep your .223 AR-15 exactly like you always wanted it to be!

i6IIX7E.jpg

Fred_G

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Heck of a nice gift, and the family connection makes it special as well. Great looking "classic AR".

I would get some more mags while you can, and a bayonet. Honestly I want a bayonet for mine just to aggravate liberals.

Angel Feliciano

Fanatic
Yes, yes, yes... 100% Totally legal here in Virginia. The "gifting" of a firearm amongst immediate family members. My sister and I both double checked the laws. Anyway, my sister wanted to pass onto me my (late) brother-in-law's Bushmaster XM15-e2s (aka AR-15) rifle. Four 30 round mags, purchased around 2008 back when Obama first was coming onto the scene and my (late) brother-in-law sensed something terrible starting to happen to our country.... He went out and bought the Bushmaster and various rounds of .223 ammo.

It has only been fired... maybe 200 rounds, maybe 300.... I don't know. It is in immaculate condition, where you could literally take the Bushmaster and return it right to an FFL dealer and have it hung right back up on a rack somewhere, you know what I mean?

I am still stunned by the Christmas gift. My (late) brother-in-law, was a Vietnam Vet, and has seen all sorts of things not worth mentioning. Miraculously, he made it home alive back around 1970. Tragically, some 50 years later, he succumbed to cancer from Agent Orange exposure.

RIP, Jack... I will keep your .223 AR-15 exactly like you always wanted it to be!

i6IIX7E.jpg
FYI: Bushmaster has always had an issue with their GAS RINGS going bad and making the Rifles Short Cycle that was an issue that I had with my 1996 BM but you can either get a new set of rings or you can replace the 3 rings with a single corkscrew ring that are normally made of better material and that is what I have been using in all of my ARs since 2005 or 6.
Sorry for your loss! That is a very cool carbine because Bushmaster took a M4 Profile barrel and put a A1 Upper which is a great package because as long as you have the front sight height dialed in you do not have to worry about Elevation like you do with A2 Uppers but you still retain the M4 feeding ramps that make the modern AR/M4 a little more reliable than those of their Vietnam Era counterparts. Earlier this year when I was building a Retro CAR-15 I was looking for an A1 Upper with M4 feed ramps and I just gave up because I wanted to use the 11.5 M4-A1 machine gun barrel that got so I just put it on a Aero Precision Enhanced Upper with handguard and had a Nitrided 6 inch CAR-15 Flash hider pin welded on and so far I am extremely impressed how accurate that barrel is out to 300 yards I am hitting a 10 inch steel plate all day long with 55gr m193 and when I switched to Mk262 77gr OTM that at 100yds is about 1 inch groups at 200yds is about 3 inches and 300yds I am still hitting the 10 inch steel plate but the groups is tight about baseball size.

My first AR was a Bushmaster carbine 11.5 inch fluted barrel with a AK-74 muzzle break back in 1996 that was ok but people at either side of me at the range hated me for it because they got allot of BLAST! In 2011 I had the AK muzzle break removed and had a normal CAR-15 installed and pin/welded.

Last edited:

Latest posts