well, there goes our Christmas gift

jonyrotten

Well-Known Fanatic
we got $150 for Christmas from various sources. today we got up and no hot water. great, there goes our Christmas gift. one step up and two steps back dammit. :evil:

Frost

Well-Known Fanatic
Sorry to hear it.
I had to replace mine a couple of years ago.
I live in dread of the day the AC goes down for the count...

Maddog

Well-Known Fanatic
That's life, just when you start to get ahead you kicked in the balls...assuming that is an appropriate metaphor.

jonyrotten

Well-Known Fanatic
Re: well, there goes our Christmas gift GOOD NEWS!!

GOOD NEWS!!

we got a refer to a retired gentleman who still does plumbing on the side. he came out and found the problem. a loose connection leaking caused the breaker on the heater to trip. he repaired the connection, reset the breaker, and stayed until he was sure we had hot water.

total bill = $45

if anyone needs any work done in the kershaw or heath springs area, PM me and i'll give you his contact info.

Kazhrei

Well-Known Fanatic
Frost said:
Sorry to hear it.

In the south, you could possibly survive with the heat out...if your AC goes down, it's a state of emergency that will require anything to solve, up to and including killing somebody.

jonyrotten

Well-Known Fanatic
Kazhrei said:
Frost said:
Sorry to hear it.

In the south, you could possibly survive with the heat out

this week the average low at night has been 15. that's insane and about 20 degrees low for around here at this time of year. at the moment we could not survive with the heater down. so much for algore and his BS.

Rottie

Fanatic
Well, I was starting to get really pissed off, our house is only 3 years old. But this gentleman took good care of us today on the WH. Now our last house did lose the AC unit after about 15 yrs. I'm with you Frost, PIA!!! But all is good in Rotten land tonight!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Frost

Well-Known Fanatic
I'm glad things are going ok now.

I used to think the appliances could hear when we were discussing finances.
When things were going good or we had a bit of extra money one of them would commit suicide.

Rottie

Fanatic
Well, they were till tonight. God forbid I ran the dishwasher and thought about taking a nice hot shower tonight before bed :cry: :cry: The damn thing tripped it's breaker again. Not a house breaker but one on the water heater it's self. I'm all done, calling a plumber tomorrow and having a new one put in. The fellow who came out yesterday did his job and I was really pleased with him. From the surface, it appears to be a simple problem, but when an internal breaker keeps tripping and hasn't till now..... well we know better there. But I'm not far off hiring an attorney here. Since we closed on the house on 2-6-07, the new dishwasher had a cracked control panel on move in, the built in microwave had to be replaced on my dime right at Thanksgiving this year, the cook top has an issue with one of the burners that showed up in the last month, and my nice jacuzzi tub in the master bath didn't work for the first 6 months I had the house. And the caulking is all messed up on the jets on it. I had builder repairmen out here on a regular basis for close to a year after closing on a routine basis, I'm not a happy camper right now!!! I had planned on replacing the builder package appliances in about 5 years from closing but I sure didn't plan on doing it now, and I'm suspicious of wiring and plumbing with a water heater that constantly messes up and trips. So if any of you guys know a good, solid, bonded, insured plumber with good references in the Kershaw SC area who would like a job replacing a water heater in a brand new house, let me know. I don't like electric problems and breakers flipping and I sure don't like appliances that don't work. This one is gone over the next day or two!!! I'm tired of playing with this!!!

Pops

Well-Known Fanatic
I had a furnace that lasted in the house for 35 years.
The gas furnace part was underneath the house.
I listened to that thing go through its "light-up sequence" for years.
I'm not sure, but there is'nt always some new engineer out there who is trying to prove he has a better idea?

Latest posts