Vortex Razor 1-6 Gen II first match

AlamoShooter

Fanatic
I just shot my first match with the new Razor 1-6 SFP scope. The glass is very clear in all conditions with a forgiving eye relief. looking from sunlight into the shadows like on stage 4 of the Pro-Am event was very easy. The only thing that I did not find easy with this scope was getting it back from other shooters wanting to "Take A Look "

Compared strait up to the SwaO , I would say that the 1-6 SwarO has the lead by a very small amount. in that the SwarO has a bigger center red dot and the SwaO has some Wind value references.

The Vortex Razor beats the pants off the SwarO in the price for value category and in the No BS warranty
#the Razor is more forgiving on eye placement behind the scope.
#2 the Razor has 50MOA movement buy hand in the elevation and wind-age = if the shooter wants to run it with the caps off.
#3 The Razor has a lock on or off on the Rheostat for the day light visible red dot. = so no pulling it out of a bag and having the red dot off or dead

#4 and this may be a personal thing = the one power setting is to the left and to turn it up you move it to the Right = lf- to Rt clock wise up - counter clock wise down. that opposite of what the SwarO is.

Small perks are the "Flash Kill ' included with the scope. = the scope sets farther forward than the SwaO

I have 5" of eye relief = its easy to hold a camera behind the scope and get a good photo.
The Razor is not a light scope , its 15% heaver than the old 1-4 Razor.
I have more information on the Enos site. - Let me know if you have any questions and I will try and answer it.
Jamie Foote
Vortex team shooter

AlamoShooter

Fanatic
Nordic has some on order and Ken A said he did not take any -Pre orders- So if you call Ken at Nordic you could get one before they go up on his web-site http://shop.nordicco...m/Razor_c61.htm
$1,399
I like Nordic and I would like to see them get the bussness untill some other vender post in that supports the events.
The range bars for 300 Y 4 -5 -600 yards are 10" wide like an MGM flash target. it worked great at my range at 500 yards. at 550 yards I put the 600 bar on the bottom edge of a steel IPSC target and got good hits near the middle.

200 yard site in at 400 and 500 my loads with 69 gr Sierra at 2,750 hit 1/2 Min under the bar, so I held top of the 10" for consistent hits.

I had a high point at the Pro Am when I was able to hit the steel on stage 4 up the hill to the right faster than the RO could call hits. He called the hit on my first target at the same time was shooting and hitting the second target. so I did not hear him. I will have to up load the video , even in the video the shot drown out his call making it sound like he only said hit twice before I went up and hit my first target a second time. = It all worked out when he figured out my request, of backing off the extra hit.

ShaneP

Looks good to me
That looks like a nice scope, thanks for the review. I have the Viper HS 1-4 x24 and love it. It's an economical alternative to the razor if you're on a budget.

AlamoShooter

Fanatic
Thats a good link on the Reticle The 35 min to the drop give a shooter a reasonable hold over on targets at 800 yards.

The 50 MOA in the elevation give us a 1000 yard hold with one rotation.

The scope can be mounted farther forward than whats -normal- providing very forgiving eye relief.
Vortex1-6Leaver006.jpg

The MGM Throw Ring will be available in just a few weeks. I did hear that Nordic is sold out already on the scopes.

The scope can be ran with or with out the caps in place - the wind-age and elevation knobs turn positive even with gloves on.
I don't shoot with gloves , but some are in to that kinda thing
Vortex1-6Leaver003.jpg

I like useing a throw ring 'open handed' to avoid a thumb injury durring the rush of the clock

hermnrob

Well-Known Fanatic
Read everything I could about the scope, found one and talked my buddy Steve into buying one (he has deep pockets). It came in today, Steve and his buddy who has a swarovski, review was its a little heavy but the glass is as clear as the swarovski. I'll get my hands on it soon I hope.

larry lebeau

Well-Known Fanatic
Very nice looking mount. what would the eqevalant Larue mount be ?? I run open div and need all the room i can get to mount an offset doctor red dot to the rear of the scope.

Latest posts