Vehicle Holster

FortyMikeMike

Well-Known Fanatic
Right now I just have mine in the center console. I don't like the idea of having it visible in any way.

I'd rather have some sort of holster under my seat.

dennishoddy

Cool looking mount, but I don't like putting holes in my new truck either.
I use a Don Hume IWB leather holster in the map pocket of the door. The belt clip secures it to the vehicle leaving only the butt of the pistol slightly exposed. 99% of folks wouldn't know what they are looming at if they saw it. Pistol is instantly available If needed.

wav3rhythm

Well-Known Fanatic
dennishoddy said:
Cool looking mount, but I don't like putting holes in my new truck either.
I use a Don Hume IWB leather holster in the map pocket of the door. The belt clip secures it to the vehicle leaving only the butt of the pistol slightly exposed. 99% of folks wouldn't know what they are looming at if they saw it. Pistol is instantly available If needed.
This is basically what I do too. If I'm going to be driving for a while, I just stick my IWB holster in the map pocket. When it's time to get out, it goes back in the britches.

Now if I could figure out how to carry AIWB without having the muzzle stick out the bottom of my daisy dukes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
benny hill said:
Jesse, here we use a magnet designed to mount to our dash and a glock sticks to it GOOD, fast,fast. Plastic covered of course.
How do you mount the magnet to the dash?

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Burk Cornelius said:
How do you mount the magnet to the dash?
2 sided tape, screws, epoxy....many ways to mount a magnet

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
benny hill said:
Jesse, here we use a magnet designed to mount to our dash and a glock sticks to it GOOD, fast,fast. Plastic covered of course.
I have a few of those too but they don't cover the trigger guard. So if mounted inside my center console my flashlight tootsie rolls or any number of things I jam in there found theoretically get in the trigger and make my truck leak.

charger arms

Ask Me About My Cocker Spaniels
I was trying to refit a left handed Safariland duty holster with the hood from my right handed holster. Plan was to securely mount it under the steering wheel and have it quick and easy. The rotohood swap didn't work like I wanted it too. Might just go back to bolting a good lefty kydex under the wheel instead.

Rick S

Well-Known Fanatic
The Vehicle Handgun Mount from Gum Creek works great. No mounting holes, and is low enough under the steering column that it is discreet. Around 55$ depending on size. You can also use holsters you already have and just order the mounting strap.

Latest posts