US&S 1911 45CAL

BobbyBoehl

New Fanatic
Help. Im in need of an appraiser for my US&S 1911. In my area or even someone i can send pictures to for review. I live in Grass Valley CA and not on shop or person knows anything about these. I know allot of the history, but not enough to grade this firearm. I'm wanting to part with it, but do not want to be taken advantage of over it. You're assistance is highly respected and time valued.

Bobby B.

BobbyBoehl

New Fanatic

Mike A1

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic
Help. Im in need of an appraiser for my US&S 1911. In my area or even someone i can send pictures to for review. I live in Grass Valley CA and not on shop or person knows anything about these. I know allot of the history, but not enough to grade this firearm. I'm wanting to part with it, but do not want to be taken advantage of over it. You're assistance is highly respected and time valued.

Bobby B.
I realize this is off topic, but are you a new addition? If so, welcome to the group. Lot's of knowledge here. Hope you enjoy your time here.

melter942

New Fanatic
Condition is key. First step is checking for correct parts, next is assessment of overall condition/ % original finish remaining.
Familiarity with current market conditions is crucial.
I can help. [email protected]
Send some pics. I'll ask for the specific shots I may need in addition to what you send. (There are a few parts with markings/machining unique to US&S M1911A1s)
Here's one of mine...

Attachments

• 1a.JPG
    1a.JPG
    68.6 KB · Views: 16

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic
Condition is key. First step is checking for correct parts, next is assessment of overall condition/ % original finish remaining.
Familiarity with current market conditions is crucial.
I can help. [email protected]
Send some pics. I'll ask for the specific shots I may need in addition to what you send. (There are a few parts with markings/machining unique to US&S M1911A1s)
Here's one of mine...
Beautiful!

joepistol

Well-Known Fanatic
If the 1911 has all the oem parts, and is in good to great condition, it's probably worth a lot more than you'd think.

I Just helped a friend sell an old (like new) military rifle , a Madsen, he'd inherited from a recently departed friend.
The Madsen has an interesting history..google it if curious. I thought it might be worth maybe $500. 'cause it had the oem sling & bayonet.

Posted a pic of it on a local gun forum , asking about info on it & its value, if any info was known.
One guy posted they're selling for around $900., if in good shape & the bayonet alone was worth $100.00+ as they're rarer than the rifle.

About a week after posting my photo of the rifle, another guy posted a ?, wanted to know if the owner wanted to sell it.
.I asked him to give me an offer, & I'd ask they owner if he'd sell it for his offered price.

Rifle was happily purchased for $1100.00 this past weekend.
Surprised me, my friend was happy with the offer, & the buyer was happy with his new rifle.

My point is.. do some research, it may be worth more than my expect, esp. if you can find a collector that wants one, & doesn't already own one.

Latest posts