United Multigun League?

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Although I had to miss the match, My buddy Bryan Corry just held a UML match here in Okla. last weekend.
The reviews were great & look like it's going to be here to stay.

I'm most interested in the 2x4 division.

There's a thread on here about the match with rules, stage walk-throughs, reviews & plain ol' general chatter.

Tech

Well-Known Fanatic
I kind of like the idea to shoot it, but stage design and reset might be a lot more work. Especially if you are limited to small bays. Keeping shotgun steel targets now farther away to be safely shot with a PCC comes to mind. Grounding boxes, dump barrels, having to figure out where guns were or were not dumped to clear them....etc.

dennishoddy

I'm good with pistol and rifle. Shotty not my forte' except for sporting clays or trap.

There are folks that are total experts at shotgun reloads, with tons of practice to get to that level. I admire them for getting to that level.
I'm retired. I don't want to practice....just shoot and enjoy the camaraderie at the range. I don't give a crap how I finish, I put rounds down range to enjoy shooting.
That is all. Hope to shoot with all of you at sometime or another.
Merry Christmas and hope every damned one of you have a happy new year!

Southpaw

Well-Known Fanatic
Just saw this thread. Wanted to comment a bit on it. The UML rules do provide a lot more options for both the shooters and the MD. I’ll admit the additional gun options that come into play CAN make stage designs a bit tougher. But not much. With respect to the safe distances on steel I guess it’s because I follow a pretty simple philosophy on setting up a stage.
1. If something can be shot it will be
2. If they can see a target it is reasonable to assume someone will shoot it.
3. No forbidden act on a stage brief can stop a bullet.

With that in mind I just make sure a steel target isn’t closer than safe distance. That’s why a lot of my stages have multiple gun engagement options on it. If the shoot area is defined and targets are placed at safe distances. Problem solved. Added benefit is a simple stage brief instead of a novel. The dump containers... main issues there are using safe dump containers. Every range is different as are the props that are available for use. These are challenges all match directors face.

Please understand this is not meant to be a dig or confrontational in any means. For those that know me it’s fair to say they know I’m a call away to help with any match build questions. It’s not a UML,IDPA, USPSA thing... it’s a fun with friends thing. If I can be of assistance answering ANY questions concerning the UML or anything match related please don’t hesitate to contact me. I can be found here under the handle Southpaw. A PM here works best as I have no Idea how to get notifications off a thread T Wall is there a way?

Also I’m on FB IG, email at [email protected].

Last but not least I just want to mention I’m running a monthly match series here in Oklahoma... looks like the second Saturday will be the best day to not conflict with current matches in the area. It will rotate locations between USSA in Tulsa and The Mound In Pawnee OK. USSA will be an all bay hoser style match and The Mound will be one that is primarily natural terrain with long range and all the goodies from th old outlaw style matches. I’m looking forward to the opportunity to add more matches to the area and seeing all my buddies. I know the major match build schedules have kept me away for a while but It looks like I’ve got a way to do both now!
Look forward to seeing everyone at the range!!!

Latest posts