Truck Event @ East Coast Guns

Landy

Well-Known Fanatic
This coming Saturday at East Coast Guns (Nov. 17th) is the Big Rock truck event. For those that don't know this event is one of the best. :) Big Rock is one of the suppliers for the Shop. The truck has a bunch of "goodies(Guns and such) on board for ya'll to handle and drool over. So come on over and check it out.
9am to 6pm Nov.17th. Also if you have been waiting to pick up that new firearm they will have some good deals ;) . Hope to see ya'll there... :D

Rosea Carpa

Well-Known Fanatic
The last few times I havs went into east coast I haven't felt ......... As good..... as I used to.

It just seems like the last three times I have went in I ended up talking to someone who had the " I work in a gun store so I know everything to know about guns and you are just a dumb a$$" attitude . If I wanted that I would go down the street to that bigger store you know the one with way more selection .....

fiundagner

Well-Known Fanatic
i have been going to east coast since they were a power sports store with a few rifles on the wall and can say that i have never had that experience. They usually have some of the best prices on guns and ammo around, the sales staff is friendly and helpful, and quite willing to admit when they are out of their depth. They have opinions on what firearms they like and don't like, just like any other user, and are willing to share, but i have never had them forced on me. The gunsmith has managed to get 3 of my firearms working, ones that have been around to other shops and came back as irreparable, working. i can say confidently that it is one of the best stores around for customer service. I spent 2 years trying to find a replacement barrel for one of my pistols because i had shot the rifling out of it, and they managed to gt one in in just under a month, for less than what the MSRP was direct from the dealer. And the truck event is just plain fun to go to to boot, and they are the only one in the area that has it.

Rosea Carpa

Well-Known Fanatic
Ever since chuck left I have been able to tell a diffrence.... And the few bad experiences I have had were with the same person but I will not give his name on this. I have done a fair ammount of business with eat coast and when someone I know I shoot more than tells me to man up and get a bigger gun ( when I was asking about a 7 round mag for my Springfield Armory XDS) he can get effed I bet money he has never put 400 rounds through one with the 5 round mag and if he had he would have given me the 7 round mag!! Like I said just my opinion and we all know those are like a holes.....I am one!! :p

Landy

Well-Known Fanatic
Rosea Carpa said:
Ever since chuck left I have been able to tell a diffrence.... And the few bad experiences I have had were with the same person but I will not give his name on this. I have done a fair ammount of business with eat coast and when someone I know I shoot more than tells me to man up and get a bigger gun ( when I was asking about a 7 round mag for my Springfield Armory XDS) he can get effed I bet money he has never put 400 rounds through one with the 5 round mag and if he had he would have given me the 7 round mag!! Like I said just my opinion and we all know those are like a holes.....I am one!! :p

You are correct about a "Difference ". I think that East Coast Guns has become a great Gun Shop despite Chuck moving on . It seems to have taken a bit of "growing pains" if you will.. But I think I know who you are talking about. Yes sometimes he can come across that way. No excuse for being a know it all though. Ron ,the owner has done a great job of hiring an assortment of people with a very broad knowledge base.. So that the customers will have the questions they have answered..All the employees want to help the customers find exactly what they need . Sometimes they do come across wrong. Even a dry since of humor as well. If I may suggest that on your next visit ask for Depa. She won't come across wrong. Also if you come in during the week after 4pm I may be hanging around. So you can ask for me. I most certainly don't know it all (about firearms anyway...LOL :D ) Have a Great Day and I hope your next visit to East Coast Guns is much better.. Landy

04ctd

Well-Known Fanatic
North of North Chuck, South of Scummerville
i will give my .02 cents and ask for change back....

I bought a laser a while back.....and it never did work right...batteries died within a day or so of putting them in.
and it uses 4 tiny batteries, and they are $4 each... (that's why I never caught on, because i never put batteries back it in fast enough to notice)
I finally bought a HUGE pack of batteries on ebay,and I was having to put batteries in it, every time the wife wanted to carry it.

so last week i just stopped by & talked to Marty, he pulled the receipt, and it was from last December.
and he looked at it, and said the switch did not feel right, and to take it off the gun, and drop it off.

I took in to Ron the next day. he said "from last december???" and i told him Marty said he was just gonnna "see what he could do"
and Ron said, "i will have someone make some calls"
thats GOOD people. no promises, no lies, but at least he said he would try.
i told him if it takes a while, no worries.

if he can't do anything...oh well, but at least he tried.
and if I am stuck with a $100 digital paperwieght....at least it will be a good conversation peice on my desk at work :(

and I can always put batteries in it, right before I need it, and use it for a laser pointer, right?

I had never dealt with Ron before, but I was really pleased with his attitude of "I know how you feel, but it's been a year....so no promises"

Rosea Carpa

Well-Known Fanatic
Landy said:
You are correct about a "Difference ". I think that East Coast Guns has become a great Gun Shop despite Chuck moving on . It seems to have taken a bit of "growing pains" if you will.. But I think I know who you are talking about. Yes sometimes he can come across that way. No excuse for being a know it all though. Ron ,the owner has done a great job of hiring an assortment of people with a very broad knowledge base.. So that the customers will have the questions they have answered..All the employees want to help the customers find exactly what they need . Sometimes they do come across wrong. Even a dry since of humor as well. If I may suggest that on your next visit ask for Depa. She won't come across wrong. Also if you come in during the week after 4pm I may be hanging around. So you can ask for me. I most certainly don't know it all (about firearms anyway...LOL :D ) Have a Great Day and I hope your next visit to East Coast Guns is much better.. Landy

Depa would that happen to be the newer young attractive brunet girl?

Latest posts