Trigger gizmo to simulate full auto

craigp

Well-Known Fanatic
At the gun show in Greenville this past weekend, did anyone get a good look at the little trigger gizmo that basically works on any semi-auto rifle and allows it to simulate full auto? It clipped on the trigger guard and sold for like $40. I watched the video but the vendor was pretty swamped and I didn't see an actual sample of this thing. Just wondering if anyone picked one up or had a website with more info.

Tigerstripe

Well-Known Fanatic
ive had 2 kinds. they sort of work, but they dont work like the video all the time. id be willing to bet the video is fake.

ill sell you my 2 at half price. one is hellfire. had it on my first AR. maybe i didnt have it adjusted right. you might do better.

the other is for the 10/22. only tried it once and lost interest.

P-1

Well-Known Fanatic
I got one for the AK. AHHHHH, it has never worked. Maybe on per ban rifles, but not my post.

bigfutz

Well-Known Fanatic
If you want a gizmo, try a Slide Fire stock for AR or AK. But, they are 10x the cost, ringing in at $350. Or for 100x the cost ($3500) you can get an M11. Or for 300x the cost ($12000) you can get an M-16.

Tigerstripe

Well-Known Fanatic
at about 60 ($7000) times the cost you can get a lighting link for an AR. since my AR-10 has AR-15 trigger group i wonder if it would work for both.

rotarymike

Well-Known Fanatic
bigfutz said:
If you want a gizmo, try a Slide Fire stock for AR or AK. But, they are 10x the cost, ringing in at $350. Or for 100x the cost ($3500) you can get an M11. Or for 300x the cost ($12000) you can get an M-16.

I thought you could find a registered AR sear for around $8k, sans the rest of the gun.

+ 1 on the slidefire. I've got one that I've tried briefly on my 6.8 setup, and with a VFG it is just like shooting an M16A2. Going to build a .223/.22 cheapo fun gun for it.

Clicker

Well-Known Fanatic
rotarymike said:
I thought you could find a registered AR sear for around $8k, sans the rest of the gun.
Sorry to have to tell you but RDIAS are double that IF you can even find one for sale. Back in 2001 I was offered one at $4500 and jumped on it only to have the dealer fail to produce it. At 8 grand I'd be all over one.

rotarymike

Well-Known Fanatic
Oh well. It shouldn't surprise me that NFA items are appreciating in value considering the general gun retail chaos.

I was hoping that when I could afford to expand my collection into FA guns, I could start out with my personal grail (a BAR) for about $30k. I guess we'll see - the lawyering money isn't yet supporting my WWII bolt gun collection much less anything 'fancy'.

Tigerstripe

Well-Known Fanatic
Clicker, i know its usless info,but before 1986 i had held AR drop in auto sears at the charlotte gun shows. cost-$45 bucks.

Clicker

Well-Known Fanatic
Ya never know Mike that "lawyering money" might put you into a NFA toy one day, keep your hopes up.

I hear ya Tigerstripe It's a shame that SC residents could not own FA guns before the 86 ban was passed, we missed out on buying stuff at those entry level price points.

To the subject of trigger gizmos I have a Hell Fire trigger attachment that I got to work a few times on my old Norinco AK. I have not used since I found that it bump fires quite easily.

Latest posts