Training VIdeo Gun Solution to Rear Naked Choke

TroyF

TheBearcat
In this instance, the most obvious and simple counter, is probably the "most likely" to succeed.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Troy,
Not trying to be a butthead, I have a question.
While this would certainly be an effective counter, it is also a blind shot, under stress or even panic. How would you make sure as to not let off a stray rnd.

Chambers

actual GM
Damn I was expecting a little more naked. :eek:

I carry right at 3 o'clock. Seems like that response may be difficult for those who carry just behind the hip.

TroyF

TheBearcat
It is a shot fired by feel. My upper body stays flat against him, so I have some reference point as to where the rest of his body is. Notice that my gun arm stayed tucked tight against my Lat. By keeping my arm tight and moving my hips out of the way(in this instance to the left) I placed my gun where my pelvis was.

The average person goes out in 6-8 seconds (less depending on cardiovascular fitness). I've been put out, and I've put suspects out. There is no "good" open hand counter for this attack. That is why it is the go-to submission in MMA.

I say this with all of the humbleness in the world......if someone can come up with something better (open hand), please let me know. Show me.

BTW....I posed this scenario to Royce. This video illustrates what he gave to me as the solution. If that is what he says is the best, I have to be inclined to lean that way.

Butthead :)

TroyF

TheBearcat
Chambers:

That is not a bad choice (just not my personal favorite). In your case, you would need to base you feet out wide and in front of you to create the space to draw your weapon. Picture planting your feet and leaning back onto the attacker. Hope that answers.....

SteveS

Well-Known Fanatic
Damn I was expecting a little more naked. :eek:

I carry right at 3 o'clock. Seems like that response may be difficult for those who carry just behind the hip.

We have another video on the site that explains the technique with that carry position.

stewartglock

Active Fanatic
It is a shot fired by feel. My upper body stays flat against him, so I have some reference point as to where the rest of his body is. Notice that my gun arm stayed tucked tight against my Lat. By keeping my arm tight and moving my hips out of the way(in this instance to the left) I placed my gun where my pelvis was.

The average person goes out in 6-8 seconds (less depending on cardiovascular fitness). I've been put out, and I've put suspects out. There is no "good" open hand counter for this attack. That is why it is the go-to submission in MMA.

I say this with all of the humbleness in the world......if someone can come up with something better (open hand), please let me know. Show me.

BTW....I posed this scenario to Royce. This video illustrates what he gave to me as the solution. If that is what he says is the best, I have to be inclined to lean that way.

Butthead :)
Hey Troy, what holster is that?

I have also been put out by this submission when me and a buddy were wrestling and he is much smaller than me. It isn't a submission that you can just power out of, and when it gets locked in tight you definitely only have seconds. I would try to keep the chin tucked as tight to the chest as possible until you can perform what Troy and Steve explained in the video.

Great video by the way. :13:

Latest posts