Thoughts on JP Aluminum BCG

Push

Fanatic
For those of you that have run the JP Ultra LMOS aluminum carrier what do you think of it compared to the stainless LMOS version? Happy with the way it runs? Reliability issues? Any reason not to go with it other than cost?

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
I have one with very limited rounds and I am running an older one of their originals Al carriers in my night match gun.

Lower mass means less gas and less recoil/sight movement. Only issue is eventually it's gonna wear out. If you plan on blowing through 10's of thousands a rounds a year plan on replacing it annually or having a practice gun with the high use carriers installed.

I asked if anybody knows of anyone who wore one out on the big 3-gun Facebook group and had zero people say the wore it out yet. Some guys had pretty high round counts too.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
benny hill said:
have wore out 3 of them, always at a major match, they are not long for this world, stick w/low mass steel
Jesus! Are you talking about The new ones or the old ones?

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
From what I understand, the new ones were redesigned to prevent that

toothandnail

Well-Known Fanatic
On the 2nd year with mine, after the initial wear in, I haven't noticed any additional wear the last several times I've looked it over.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
They redesigned them last year or the year before, can't remember which.

Latest posts